One of my main vices when it comes to food: Caramel. The sweet, creamy taste of caramel draws me in every time. Whether it be candy, syrup, or coffee, I am always ready to say, “Yes” to caramel. My most frequent use of it is in my coffee. Whether I am out or at home… Caramel Macchiato is my flavor of choice. And when I am not drinking coffee, I try to think of fun new ways to incorporate the creamy taste into my foods.
Caramel French Toast
Since coffee is part of our morning routine, we decided to add a touch of that routine to our breakfast. But, not exactly in the form of a cup of java, but more in the way of a food: Caramel French Toast. I mean, I thought that instead of the milk we usually use, why not substitute it with my favorite coffee creamer: International Delight Caramel Macchiato.
French toast is a favorite comfort food I remember when growing up. My mom taught me to make it and it a food I enjoy making for my kids now. Therefore, combining the childhood memories with the smooth-tasting flavor of caramel seemed a great idea. Take a look at how we put our own spin on the traditional breakfast treat to make the delicious Caramel French Toast recipe.
- 1 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato
- 2 eggs
- slices of bread
- powdered sugar
- caramel syrup
- maple syrup
- Spray griddle or frying pan with non-stick spray. Pre-heat to medium heat.
- Mix International Delight Caramel Macchiato with 2 eggs until yolks are well blended. Add cinnamon to taste.
- Dip slice of bread into mixture. Flip and cover both sides.
- Place dipped bread onto griddle/pan and brown both sides.
- Once cooked through, serve with optional toppings: powdered sugar, caramel syrup, maple syrup
My kids loved the additional flavor they found within the french toast. The subtle taste of the caramel adds a sweet blend to the morning meal. Paired with a delicious cup of coffee delicately flavored with International Delight Caramel Macchiato, the Caramel French Toast is the perfect start to my day. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.