Are you a fan of sweet and salty? I discovered salted caramel about 2 years ago and have been
addicted… errr… a fan ever since. Therefore, as we were brainstorming ideas for our fabulous new Tasting Party Starter Set from Pier 1, I immediately knew this was the taste I wanted. The idea for Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cups was born!
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cups
The Tasting Party set includes 4 shot glasses that are ideal for layered treats. Plus, the cute 10 little spoons are the perfect size for getting every last bite from the bottom of the glasses. After all, no one said they could only hold drinks, right? These delectable, layered sweet treats were going to be amazing.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- pretzels, crushed
- food coloring (optional)
- salted caramel syrup
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and blend well.
- Fold in 8 oz of Cool Whip.
- (optional step) Divide the mixture in half into 2 bowls. Add food color of choice to each bowl for desired colors. (We went with yellow and brown).
- Pour ½ tsp of crushed pretzels into bottom of shot glass. Layer with cheesecake mixture, another layer of pretzels, and 2nd layer of mixture. Chill for 2 hours.
- Before serving, top with Cool Whip, a sprinkle of crushed pretzels, and salted caramel syrup. (We used our own recipe for salted caramel syrup). Enjoy!
My son and I worked on the perfecting the cheesecake mixture and coloring, while my oldest daughter layered and decorated each Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cups. It was a joint effort and we made a great team. Plus, the best part? Everyone thought they turned out delicious! I have to agree.
*Note: We only made 4 single servings this time, but the mixture makes much more. In fact, we went ahead and repeated the process in a glass pie pan and had plenty left to share. Plus, we were able to pour our extra salted caramel syrup into a large bowl of the set for dipping. It was delicious.
I think the kids’ favorite part of the set was definitely the spoons. They even thought they were perfect for eating candy corn M&M’s from the small bowls. Plus, with 10 of them each child was able to have their own.
Thanks to Pier 1, we now have a beautiful way to display all of our favorite party foods. The full Tasting Party Starter Set is a glazed stoneware and includes:
- 4 small bowls
- 2 large bowls
- 4 shot glasses
- 10 spoons
- 1 tray
What type of foods would you display in the Tasting Party Starter Set?
The versatile set is a party in a box. The bowls and glasses can be set on the tray or set aside to complement another food on the tray. Not to mention, the set can be paired with more pieces from the Tasting Party® Collection for an incredible entertaining experience.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.