The field day games tradition is often an excellent way to end a long school year. Or, it could be a great way to simply kick-off summer.
Field Day Games List
Even better, many companies utilize the traditional field day to create fun team building activities.
Field day games are a great way to get everyone in on the fun. No matter what your age, there are plenty of field day games that everyone can enjoy.
Whatever reason you’re planning a field day, here is a list of over 50 epic field day games that are perfect for all ages!
Hit the Target
- Bean Bag Horseshoes
- Bean Bag Tic-Tac-Hole: Create a board with 9 holes (3 by 3 by 3). Have two different colored bean bags at the station (mark one color with X’s and the other O’s). Participants try to get 3 bean bags in a row.
- Corn Hole
- Hula Hoop Ring Toss: Toss hula hoops over cones. Start close and move further back with each toss.
- Ring Toss
Make a Mess
- Bubble Paint
- Giant Bubbles
- Sidewalk Chalk
- 100 Yard Dash
- Bean Bag Toss
- Discus Throw
- Egg and Spoon Race
- Egg Toss
- Long Jump
- Parachute Game
- Potato Sack Race
- Shot Put
- Sprint Race
- Three-legged Race
- Vertical Jump
- Water Balloon Toss
- Wheelbarrow Race
On the Ball
- Ball Throw
- Basketball Free Throws
- Blind Volleyball
- Goal Kick
- Yard Bowling
- Yarn Ball Toss: Each athlete holds onto the end of the strand of yarn and throws the ball. Measure the yarn from the athlete’s hand to the spot where the yarn ball lands.
- 100-yd Dash Relay
- Balloon Squeeze
- Beach Ball Relay
- Clothes Relay
- Crab Walk Relay
- Jump Rope Relay: Each team lines up as one athlete jumps to a designated line and runs back to pass the jump rope to the next team member. The first team to finish wins!
- Speed Relay: Shorten the running distance to a 50-yd sprint for the relay!
- Wet Sweatpants Relay
- Water Relay
Soak it Up
- Fill the Bucket: Similar to the water relay, only teams use a large sponge rather than a plastic cup to carry water.
- Soaked Sponge Pass: Each team lines up with a bucket full of water and sponges and a second empty bucket at the other end. The team passes wet sponges over their heads to the end of the line where the last person squeezes the sponge into the second bucket and runs to the front to start again. The team with the most water in the end-of-the-line bucket after cycling through all team members wins.
- Water Balloon Volleyball
- Water Gun Race
The Kitchen Sink
- Balloon Pop
- Disc Golf
- Hula Hoop Contest
- Jump Rope Contest: See who can jump the longest.
- Obstacle Course
- Shoe Kick: Each athlete loosens one shoe keeping their toes in it. From a marked starting line, athletes kick a shoe into the air. Record the distance the shoe travels.
- Watermelon Seed Spitting
Use Your Noodle
- Pool Noodle Baseball: Cut pool noodles in half to use as bats for a fun game of baseball.
- Pool Noodle Hurdles: Insert two (unsharpened) pencils into the ground far enough apart to create a soft arc in the pool noodle. Then, slip each end of the pool noodle over the part of the pencil sticking out of the ground. Jump over hurdles!
- Pool Noodle Javelin Throw: Cut pool noodles in half to use as javelins.
- Pool Noodle Soccer: Using the same form as the hurdles above, kick the soccer ball under the noodles.
Field day is a great time to get outdoors and enjoy some fun in the sun. There are all sorts of games and activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
A field day is a special event where the students in a school can participate in outdoor activities. It’s usually held at the end of the school year and is a big celebration. The students can play games, have picnics, and enjoy the outdoors.
Many of these are easy games that can be played during field day. Some of these include sack races, three-legged races, relays, and water balloon tosses.
All of these games can be played with little to no equipment and are perfect for a fun day outdoors.
As you can see from this list, there are many great field day games! Some of our favorites include water balloon relays, three-legged races, and an egg and spoon race. These games are not only fun, but they also help build teamwork and sportsmanship.
With just a bit of advanced planning, your field day games event can be as much fun as you choose to make it!
Hopefully, this list of outdoor games will help you make plenty of headway in your planning!
Have a great field day!
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.