Sugar Rush Car Competition
Vanellope von Schweetz was my favorite character from Wreck-It Ralph. Sarah Silverman does an incredible job as the voice talent of Vanellope and her personality is perfectly fitted. Vanellope is a “glitch” from the candy-coated cart racing game called Sugar Rush. She wants nothing more than to compete in the race but is not allowed to. And that is where Ralph and I come in. Yep… me! Well, and the other 24 bloggers at the #DisneyMoviesEvent.
This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. [Learn more]
Wreck-It Ralph: You’re a winner!
Vanellope von Schweetz: I’m a winner…
Ralph: And you’re adorable!
Vanellope: I’m ADORABLE!
We were asked to take part in a Sugar Rush Car Competition. Now, that may sound like an easy task, but not when there are so many amazingly talented creators alongside you! I mean, we’re bloggers! Some of us actually do more than write and post all day. Therefore, the competition was fierce. A lot of hard work went into building our candy cars. People from all over the Disney Animation Studios heard of our games and came to check out our delectable designs.
When we were all said and done, several pictures were taken and shared. Our creations were critiqued and analyzed. The decision was hard but it had to be made. In the end, our resident cartoonist himself came out with the prize winning car. Congrats!
But, we heard that several of the studio staff were quite jealous of our competitive time spent there. They wanted to know why they had never had their own Sugar Rush Car Competition. I mean, it would have been great acting development for the team! And, it was a tasty time had by all… and extremely fun and frugal to do. In fact, let’s discuss how you can host your own competition.
Host Your Own
- Candy — lots of different kinds of candy
- Frosting — to act as glue
- Toothpicks — to help construct the structure
- Graham Crackers — to assist in building the frame of the car
- Marshmallows, Wafers, etc — any other “non-candy” ingredients you find would help build a race car
- Lay out all of the ingredients.
- Give each competitor time to gather their supplies.
- Begin constructing the Sugar Rush Car.
- Line up cars for judging by a panel of esteemed judges (or your family & friends will do).
- Present the winner with their prize (use your own discretion).
- Clean up candy and related mess… feel free to eat leftover candy as you feel the need.
You’re done! You have just hosted your very first Sugar Rush Car Competition! Congratulations to your winner(s)! And congrats to you for a job well done.
Now, go see Wreck-It Ralph in theaters beginning on November 2nd to see if Vanellope gets to race.
Disclosure: I was provided with a trip to the Disney Animation Studios in return for my honest review on the event mentioned above. All expenses were paid by Disney and no other compensation was given. Regardless, all opinions are 100% my own.