Disclosure: 7 on a Shoestring is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I *may or may not* be secretly addicted to candy bark now. It is not only simple enough for me to make… but it is also incredibly delicious. The fun part has become coming up with new ideas for each holiday. The Mint Grasshopper Candy Bark for St. Patrick’s Day was dangerous. I could not stop eating it! Had to give it away. We had to shake it up a bit for Easter.
Golden Pastel Candy Bark
Are you ready to see how we made this one? I have to say that we quite a selection of Oreo cookies to choose from. They have way too many great choices to choose from! After walking up and down the aisles at the store, we came home with ingredients for our Golden Pastel Candy Bark.
- Almond Bark (1 lb)
- Pastel Bunny Mix Chocolate M&M’s®
- Golden Oreo Cookies
- Pretzel Sticks
- Pastel Sprinkles (which the store was out of so we compromised on our left over green ones)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for the candy bark.
- Insert Golden Oreo Cookies into a ziploc bag and break into pieces. (you could also use your own method for breaking up cookies)
- Spread broken cookie pieces out evenly onto the parchment paper.
- Insert pretzel sticks into a ziploc bag and break into small pieces.
- Pour the broken pretzel sticks evenly over the broken Oreo pieces.
- Lay out the Pastel M&M’s over the mixture evenly.
- Melt Almond Bark on the stove or microwave according to directions on packaging.
- Pour melted Almond Bark over the dry ingredients to bind them all together. (pour sprinkles on top if desired)
- Place in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to set. Break apart. Serve and enjoy!
See? Simple! And the taste delivers a mouthful of savory sweetness… so be prepared! Perfect for setting out at your Easter dinner or bagging up to hand out at parties. In fact, the golden cookies and pastel chocolate candies are perfect for any Spring occasion.
What combination are you going to try? Or does this recipe sound just right for you?
Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. ~Charles M. Crowe