One way to brighten the room any time of the year is with flowers. But, fall flowers are special.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. [Learn more]
They make the best arrangements for all the things the fall season brings to life – such as family togetherness, jumping around in fall leaves, and having a creamy and delicious pumpkin pie.
Flower Arrangements for Fall
Have you ever wondered why the colors we choose for fall are reds, oranges, gold, russet, bronze, purples, yellows, and more? That’s because these are the colors of the flowers that bloom in the fall.
Here are just a handful of ways to create the best flower arrangements for fall in your home:
- Mason Jars – Using Mason jars filled with stones from the river and water, you can add sunflowers, yellow mums, orange carnations, and various greenery tied off with some thin rope or cotton twine to add to the rustic look. You can use these as centerpieces or you can make several of them to line up at the back of your buffet.
- Pumpkin Arrangement – Clean out the inside of a pumpkin to use as a vessel for your flowers. Insert floral foam, then fill with any type of fall flower (real or fake) that you desire, mixed with some greenery, dried leaves, and more. Try to use various heights in your arrangement to give interest.
- Think Outside the Flower – Instead of using flowers, use a wood or pottery bowl and fill it with fall items such as gourds, tiny pumpkins, greenery from outdoors, leaves, and more. This will make a wonderful centerpiece laid across a burlap table runner.
- Wooden Birdhouse Vase – Use a wooden birdhouse as a vase. Take off the roof and insert floral foam. Then insert different types of flowers into the foam to make a whimsy arrangement of fall flowers that people will notice. This is perfect with dried flowers from East Olivia.
- Around a Mirror Frame – If you have a mirror in your house, it’s the perfect place for a fall flower arrangement. You can use dried flowers tied with twine, then shaped around the edge of the mirror for added interest and fall colors.
- Wicker Basket – Go to Goodwill and look for old wicker baskets. Insert floral foam, and find dried fall flowers, sticks, and pine cones to insert in an attractive arrangement. Think about the various things that grow in the fall and try to find dried versions of this so that the basket is overflowing with fall bounty.
- Old Boots – A whimsical idea for fall flower arrangements is to use a pair of old leather cowboy boots. Clean them up but leave the rustic look, then use floral foam to anchor the arrangement with tall flowers and branches. It’ll make a great entryway rustic flower arrangement.
The best flowers to use are chrysanthemums, dahlias, hydrangeas, sunflowers, sweetgum branches, and more. Just look at nature to see what is there.
If you need dried flowers and plants, you can dry them yourself, order them online, or go to your local hobby store to find what you need.
You can stick to nature to create the best indoor fall flower arrangements and always hit the mark.
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.