Disclosure: We were loaned the Ford Mustang GT for 7 days in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
If you ask Colby what Ford was on his bucket list, he will tell you the Mustang GT. So, when we were given the opportunity to take the 2014 Ford Mustang GT along for a week you better believe he was excited. But, he wasn’t the only one. I was grinning ear-to-ear as I drove this car around town. My kids had no idea what was wrong with me. Let me explain the 5 Reasons I love the 2014 Ford Mustang GT.
2014 Ford Mustang GT
- Six-speed manual transmission: Yep, the first reason is simple as that. I was unaware that it was a stick-shift until I climbed in and took a look at the pedals. My son actually asked and I told him I had not even noticed but we would find out. Sure enough we found a clutch in the floorboard. Another huge grin. I learned to drive in a six-speed and often miss them. Therefore,
racing… errr… cruising through town on the Mustang was so much fun. Not as smooth a shift as the Focus ST, but still a nice ride. It delivered a powerful punch and I felt empowered as I drove. In fact, the kids decided I was better at driving it than Colby so that kinda made my day!
- Dual stainless-steel exhaust with bright rolled tips: I cannot help it. There were so many features about this car that made me feel bold and “in charge” on the road. The sound of the exhaust roaring as we rode down the street was exhilarating. I asked my kids if they could hear it… but they did not get it. Once I got my dad in the car, he heard it. He felt it. There is something to be said for the purring of a car like that. I could not get enough of that sound.
- Power Dome Hood with Heat Extractors: Are you seeing a pattern? I simply cannot get away from the classic muscle car feel that the Mustang GT offered. We popped the hood to see if they were real and they were indeed functional.
- RECARO® Sport Seats: The race-inspired seats are not only comfortable as they hug your body, but they look incredible. Again, they give the overall appearance of a fast car… and, well, the Mustang GT truly is. But, they do not lack in safety. The seats do include integrated side airbags as an added safety feature.
- Gotta Have It Green: I LOVE this color. It has been my favorite yet. I enjoyed telling others when they asked and it definitely drew attention as it made its way through town. The Gotta Have It Green Metallic Tri-Coat Paint is an optional feature and one I would most likely pick if it were my car to keep. That must be why it is called “Gotta Have It Green“… because you just gotta have it!
There you have it. These are my 5 reasons I love the Mustang GT… but yours may be different. I cannot lie. It is a great car and built to impress in the fast lane. Drive safe, Friends, and have fun!
What features do you like about the 2014 Mustang GT?
You can get a full rundown of all the features, options, and price on Ford.com.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.