One of our biggest challenges with a big family is the ability to go anywhere in one vehicle. And to even think about off-roading altogether? Nearly impossible. Until now.
2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
The Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro seats seven. Seven. That’s, at least, all of our original family. It’s also perfect for those of us that actually enjoy going off-road.
So, when we were given the opportunity recently to drive the 2020 Sequoia for a week, that’s what we did to test it out. We took it off road.
For starters, let’s get technical about the off-road features of the Sequoia TRD Pro:
- TRD Pro front and rear Fox Internal Bypass Shocks with piggyback reservoirs
- 7 compression zones
- 2 rebound zones
- TRD front skid plate
- Multi-Mode 4WD which utilizes a lockable TORSEN limited-slip center differential
For those of us more interested on the aesthetics of a vehicle, here’s a list of those features:
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
- Black TRD PRO leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats with red contrast
- stitching and TRD Pro stitched headrest; 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Running boards – black cast aluminum
- Leather-trimmed second-row captain’s chairs with one-touch access to third-row seat
- Leather-trimmed power 60/40 split, power reclining, fold-flat third-row seat with folding headrests
- Multi-function center console with two front and two rear cup holders, four 12V auxiliary power outlets, sliding covered armrest and storage compartment
- TRD shift knob
Equally important, the tech features of the Sequoia TRD Pro:
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio, voice-command, Bluetooth® hands-free phone controls, Multi-Information Display, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Lane Departure Alert controls
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate with Push Button Start and remote keyless entry system with illuminated entry
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® w/Clari-Fi® — includes 14 speakers, including subwoofer and amplifier, 7.0-in. touch-screen, AM/FM/HD
- Radio™, USB media port, 2 USB charge ports, Dynamic Navigation with up to 3-year trial, Dynamic POI Search, Dynamic Voice Recognition, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay® compatible, SiriusXM® with 3-month All Access trial.
And, as a mom, the most important list, safety features of the 2020 Sequoia:
- Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) – includes Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection and Automatic Braking, Lane Departure Alert with Sway Warning System, Dynamic Radar Cruiser Control and Automatic High Beams
- Safety System™ – includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology
- Driver and front passenger Advanced AirbagSystem
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and all-row roll-sensing side curtain airbags (RSCA)
- 3-point seatbelts in all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger belts
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) includes lower anchors on all second-row seats and tether anchors on all second-row seats and center third row seat
- Child-protector rear door locks and power window lockout
- Front-energy absorbing crumple zone
All these features combined to create a smooth ride with plenty of legroom for the every passenger in the SUV—both on and off-road.
Find out more about the 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro at toyota.com/sequoia
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.