One thing I have learned after 13+ years of homeschooling our children is that every child learns differently. It was a struggle to learn this in our first couple of years and the tears from both mom and the students were frequent.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view. [Learn more]
But, once we discovered everyone’s learning styles, things improved greatly.
Those two children are now well into college and we are working on educating the younger three. Y’all, it’s a whole new ball game!
Learn with Osmo
Today’s generation is much more technologically advanced. Our 6-year-old knows more about her iPad, videos, and apps than we can even imagine.
But, with her tech knowledge and special needs, nothing seems to ignite her desire to learn faster than technology.
In any form. Therefore, educational toys such as the Osmo game system, are game changers.
Osmo has found a creative way for children 6 and up to explore science, words, art, numbers, and more.
The tangible manipulatives combined with the use of the iPad create a “best of both worlds” scenario for children like Joeli.
Not only can she still learn through her digital device, but now she has a physical component to complete her sensory needs as well.
Each game in the Osmo Genius Kit is specifically designed to foster creativity, problem-solving, and social intelligence skills.
The game system fosters an educational experience that both parents and children can enjoy.
Not to mention, the games and learning apps — mentioned below, keep kids engaged and learning.
- Tangram — Arrange wooden puzzle pieces into matching on-screen shapes. Play with your child or challenge yourself to more advanced levels with Osmo acting as your mentor by lighting up with each victory.
- Newton — Use your creativity with inventive objects such as a hand-drawn basket, grandma’s glasses, dad’s keys, or anything around you to guide falling on-screen balls into targeted zones.
- Words — Be the first to guess and spell out the on-screen hidden word by tossing down real life letters faster than your friends. A related picture gives the clue.
- Masterpiece — Supercharge your drawing skills with Masterpiece. Pick any image from the camera, curated gallery, or integrated web search and Masterpiece will transform it into easy to follow lines and help you draw it to perfection. You can then share a magical timelapse video of your creation with your friends and family.
- Numbers — With a counting, addition, concatenation, and multiplication mode, there is a challenge for everybody. As kids get more confident in one mode, they can move on to the next one, allowing them to learn at their own pace.
For Joeli, she was learning (and laughing) from the very beginning. She quickly worked through her first 100 words on the Words game and walked away spelling a couple of new ones.
Best of all, her 10 and 12-year-old sisters love playing with her and they increase their learning skills without even knowing it!