Here in Texas, chili cook-offs are all the rage. The hotter the better for me. But, other than hot, I do like a chunky chili. In fact, Wolf Brand Chili even made their chili thicker and heartier based on what consumers wanted. Texans spoke and Wolf Brand Chili listened. Well done!
Wolf Brand Chili
Opening a can of Wolf Brand Chili makes for an easy dinner. Open the canned chili, cook it on the stove, and serve with a side of cheese, crackers, and onions. Done. Or, perhaps an easy Frito Chili Pie. Layer the cheese, chili and Fritos in a casserole dish and bake until the cheese is melted. My all time favorite recipe with chili that includes Wolf Brand Chili is our Tex-Mex Cheese Enchiladas.
They are not only my absolute favorite way to eat a can of chili, but my family’s favorite as well. We have chili cheese enchiladas for birthdays and Christmas, as well as whenever the urge comes up otherwise.
But, sometimes we found that when we want cheese enchiladas with chili in a hurry, there is another way to serve them. In an Enchilada Casserole. Think of it as a Mexican Lasagna of sorts made quick and easy with a few ingredients, including a can of chili.
- Wolf Brand Chili, 24 oz.
- corn tortillas
- cheese, shredded
- onions, diced (optional)
- chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Fill a medium size sauce pan halfway with water, add Chili Powder to taste, and place on stove on medium heat
- Pour oil into a non-stick skillet and place on stove on medium heat
- Place 3-4 tortillas in water mixture once warm to soak.
- Layer tortillas along bottom of casserole dish. Overlap in order to fully cover bottom of dish.
- Spread ½ of the can of Wolf Brand Chili over the top of the tortillas and then sprinkle cheese over the top. Add onions, if desired.
- Repeat with a second (and optional 3rd) layer.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve.
By alleviating the rolling, you can save a bit of time and get the cheese enchiladas to the table quicker. It’s seriously one of the easiest things to make with chili besides just a enjoying a bowl of it.
But if you want to go that route, another super quick and easy way to enjoy Wolf Brand Chili with the family is to set up a chili bar. Set out all the fixin’s and let everyone make their bowl of chili their way. Living Locurto even put together cute chili bar printables to make your set up complete. Click on the image to print them out for yourself.
How do you like your Wolf Brand Chili served?
Wolf Brand Chili is now thicker and heartier than ever, just the way that Texans like it! The new, thicker and heartier recipe can also be found every day on the shelves of your local grocery store.
Discover your favorite Wolf Brand Chili recipes.