Disclosure: Colby and I had the opportunity to drive the Lincoln MKZ around a few days for our MKZ Date Night courtesy of Grapevine Lincoln here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. All opinions are 100% my own.
Imagine yourself living a life of luxury. Now, picture yourself seated inside the comfortable premium leather, heated and cooled seats of the 2013 Lincoln MKZ. Each piece of interior craftsmanship is not unnoticed and remarkably evident as you glance around.
Lean back to take in the beauty of the car… as well as the majestic view through the class-exclusive, retractable panoramic moonroof. Wow. The 15.2 sq ft glass panel offers the most effective opening and is the largest among sedans. Impressive to say the least.
The technology found inside the MKZ is both innovative and incredible. Here are just a few of the features we found most impressive:
- Push-button shift – Quite unique simply because I have never seen it. Colby was looking all over for the gear shift. But there wasn’t one.
- SYNC® with MyLincoln Touch™ – Voice-activated technology that helps you keep your eyes safely on the road and still connected to the world. Plus, 911 Assist® can utilize your connected mobile phone to help call 911 when you can’t.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert – I miss this when I am back in my own car. So very helpful and great to have.
- Power decklid with soft close – Carrying shopping bags? Push the button remotely to easily open and load up the trunk. Then push it again to softly close.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support – This is awesome! Such a smart feature. As you are cruising along and happen upon a slower car, the MKZ will adjust automatically to the speed of the car/object in front of you. Once the speed of that object changes, the MKZ will adapt once again and go back to the cruising speed you indicated.
- Lane-Keeping System – Ever get a little tired or “distracted” while driving. This feature keeps you on the road and alert. If you begin to drift out of your lane, the steering wheel offers a little jolt and pulls you back into the lane. If you want to switch lanes, better use your turn signal or the car will battle you. Good reminder to drive safely!
- Integrated 2nd-row dome lamps – It is hard to describe how cool these lights are. You cannot see them as they are under the covering of the car’s ceiling. Therefore, the smooth flow of the car is kept, but you have lights for reading and more in the back seat. My girls found them easily by pushing the only visible evidence of them in the back: two small lights. You have to see them to appreciate how cool they really are.
- Forward Sensing System – The MKZ is equipped with cameras that can monitor the actuvity around the vehicle. If the car senses that you are about to hit something, it engages the car for braking and possible impact. Wow!
- Rain-Sensing Wipers – These are so convenient to have. As the rain speeds up… so do the wipers. If the rain becomes a mist, the wipers slow down.
- THX® II Certified Audio System – No better way to put it: “This premium sound system, custom-tuned to each Lincoln model, puts out 700 watts of power, features 14 strategically placed speakers, including two 6″ x 9″ subwoofers, and a single-disc in-dash CD player with MP3 capability.” <–That!
- Active Park Assist – You have to see this one!
Colby and I decided that driving the Lincoln MKZ around for a weekend also meant we should live in a lap of luxury as well. We wanted the full experience… even if just for the weekend. Driving through the city and seeing heads turn was noticeable. In fact, as we sat at one red light, I saw the people in the car next to us looking at the car from top to bottom… front to back. Colby had a guy walking into a store that had to stop, take a look, and then simply say, “Nice car, Boss.” Oh yes, people notice you in this one!
We took the girls on the first half of our date night and went for a swim at a hotel we checked into for the evening. But, after taking them to spend the night with our oldest, it was time for dinner… and a drive. We took the MKZ out on the highway, opened the retractable moonroof, and just enjoyed the smooth ride, ambient lighting, and THX audio system.
My understanding is that the MKZ Date Night program is available nationwide. You can contact your local Lincoln dealer to see if they are participating.