Disclosure: 7 on a Shoestring is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Okay, the idea of fish tacos was never something I actually thought I would enjoy. I heard people go on and on about them but thought it sounded crazy. I mean, fish doesn’t go in tacos. Or, at least I didn’t think it did… until I tried it. And I must admit, it was delicious!
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
In fact, I even did a little more experimenting and added a few other flavors that I would not typically mix. The overall experience was quite tasty and made for a fabulous dinner with the kids. Yes! Even the kids enjoyed this dish. Plus, it was relatively simple to make and took about 20 minutes to throw together. Each part of the dish is prepared separately before bringing it all together.
- Peel Granny Smith Apple and then dice into small pieces.
- Cut mango in half lengthwise. Carefully slice into cubed sections without cutting outside peel. Turn mango inside out to display cubes. Slice mango off peel as if filleting.
- Cut limes in half. Extract juice from both and zest.
- Mix apple and mango together in bowl. Add lime juice and zest.
- Combine with 1 tsp. honey and pinch of salt and stir well.
- 1 cup Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 Lime
- Cut lime in half. Extract juice and zest.
- Add lime juice and zest to cup of plain Greek Yogurt and stir well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven according to 425° according to directions on Fish Sticks box.
- Lay fish sticks on cookie sheet for baking and bake uncovered 20-24 minutes. Turn fish sticks over halfway through cooking time.
- Warm corn tortillas according to package instructions.
- Arrange 2 fish sticks inside a warm corn tortilla and top with Mango Fruit Salsa and Lime Cream.
Serve and enjoy! This recipe makes around 8 tacos based on how much of each you put into a taco.
What is the last food you tried and liked… not thinking you would?
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.