No matter where your journey takes you and your family this year, Toyota has the perfect vehicle in mind for you! The 2015 Toyota Highlander. The Highlander is truly made for family moments… and much more.
2015 Toyota Highlander
With a family our size, finding a vehicle with comfortable seating is a challenge. This is not the case with the Highlander. Its roomy interior design gives everyone in the family enough space to sit with seating for up to eight people. Plus, you can even find comfort along the way with reclining third-row seats. This was one feature my kid thoroughly enjoyed. Being able to lean back while on the road is a luxury they are not typically able to enjoy.
Oh, and if you really want to spoil the kids, upgrade to the Platinum Package and let them feel the heat under the second-row captain’s chairs. Yep! That will definitely help keep them quiet and comfy on cold winter days. Believe me!
Not to mention, the panoramic moonroof, also part of the Platinum Package, is perfect for stargazing on starry nights. Whether you are taking the family on a nighttime cruise around town or stopped at a roadside park, the moonroof is incredible to look through. Want a bit of silence? Crawl into the back seats, lean back, and enjoy quiet time under the stars alone… or with the one you love. Either the way, the view is fabulous!
Oh, and since we’re still in the backseat (I know this area is important since keeping the kids entertained is a must), you can even get a Blu-ray Disc™ rear-seat entertainment system with a 9″ display screen. It comes with RCA jacks, remote and two wireless headphones which are all excellent “road trip babysitters.” I am sure you other parents out there know what I am talking about!
But don’t think the 2015 Toyota Highlander isn’t made for excitement. The style and design of this Highlander is anything but boring. It has an aggressive grille and Chromtec® roof rails to give it an element of smooth styling as well as an aerodynamic shape.
Inside the vehicle my favorite feature is actually found in the dashboard. Not only is it nice to look at with soft materials, metallic accents, and (available) wood-grain elements, but there is an in-dash shelf that is practical and just amazing. You can easily run your charging cord up into the shelf so that the cords are tucked away and out of sight while charging. Plug in your phone, lay it on the shelf (where it stays put as your drive) and stay organized on the road. No pesky cords running through the vehicle!
The other area I always show the most interest in is the technology of the vehicle and the 2015 Highlander has plenty to offer:
- Entune™ Audio with Intelligent Touch controls comes standard with Bluetooth® connectivity, SiriusXM All Access Radio, HD Radio™, and a 6.1-in. or 8-in. touch-screen display.
- Entune® App Suite lets you listen to music, buy movie tickets and make restaurant reservations using the touch-screen display. Plus, you can get gas prices and access information on stocks, sports, traffic and weather.
- Multi-Information Display gives you turn-by-turn directions on the available 4.2-in. color LCD display located within your sightline in front of your steering wheel.
- Three-zone Climate Control features individual temperature controls for the driver and front passenger, along with a separate control panel in the back for the second- and third-row vents.
- Standard Backup Camera serves as a guide by showing what the camera detects on the touch-screen display.
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) helps to heighten your awareness on the road by alerting you when a vehicle enters a blind spot on either side, accompanied with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA).
- Lane Departure Alert warns you should it detect your vehicle drifting out of its lane.
You can see why the 2015 Toyota Highlander SUV was a tough one to say good-bye to last week. The shiny Nautical Blue Metallic carried us comfortably around town for a week and my kids are already asking when we can get our own. I think it’s safe to say it passed the test for an excellent family vehicle around here!
Be sure to like Toyota on Facebook and follow @Toyota on Twitter for more news on the 2015 Highlander and the entire Toyota line of vehicles.