In September of 2013 our oldest daughter got engaged. I have to tell you, the engagement was not “that” big of a deal for me. Why? Because I knew that an engagement did not mean a wedding.
Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
Well, not RIGHT THEN. I mean, I know it comes eventually. And that “eventually” seems to be coming quicker than I thought it would.
We’ve already put a deposit on the wedding venue, have an incredible photographer, amazing videographer, and the most beautiful wedding dress.
So, yes, I am beginning to feel the emotions with all of the wedding planning. And this will just be our first our wedding to plan. We still have 3 more daughters and a son to make it through.
I am going to be a mess at this first one, Y’all.
I have no doubt.
One of the most emotional parts of a wedding, for me, is the traditional father daughter dance. I have always been a Daddy’s Girl, so classic country father daughter dance songs get me right in the feels every time.
My dad and I did not dance to a “traditional” country daddy daughter wedding song you would typically hear for the daddy-daughter dance. Nope. We had to be different.
I wanted to dance with my dad to a unique song that meant something special to us and held some memories I most enjoyed. It was an old song from 1965. “Shotgun” by Jr Walker and The All-Stars.
It may not make sense to most, but to me and my dad, it still holds a special meaning. And really, that was all that mattered to me in that father daughter dance song moment during our wedding reception.
Now, with our daughter, Cheyenne, I have a feeling she is going to go for a more traditional, old country father daughter songs.
Therefore, as my 9 year old and I were listening to a few country songs about dads recently, I began a list of possible country father daughter wedding songs (in no particular order).
Mostly country because, well, that’s pretty much all I listen to in Texas, Y’all.
Daddy-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
- I Loved Her First (Heartland)
- Stealing Cinderella (Chuck Wicks)
- I Don’t Dance (Lee Brice)
- Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle)
- I Saw God Today (George Strait)
- My Wish (Rascal Flatts)
- I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack)
- In My Daughter’s Eyes (Martina McBride)
- My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)
- The Keeper Of The Stars (Tracy Byrd)
- Cinderella (Steven Curtis Chapman)
- Love Without End, Amen (George Strait)
- There Goes My Life (Kenny Chesney)
- It Won’t Be Like This For Long (Darius Rucker)
- You’re Gonna Miss This (Trace Adkins)
- I Love You This Big (Scotty McCreery)
- My Girl (Temptations)
- Walk With You (Edwin McCain)
- Find Yουr Wings (Mark Harris)
- Dance Baby Dance (Chris Cagle)
- Then They Do (Trace Adkins)
- Daddy Dance With Me (Krystal Keith) <– The one my daughter ended up using!
- In My Arms (Mark Wills)
- I Wish I Could (Colin Raye)
- That’s My Job (Conway Twitty)
What country father daughter dance song would you suggest?
I am open to your best country daddy daughter songs suggestion. After all, we have a little bit of time to decide before the wedding day arrives.
my marriage rocks.
Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you a printable list of 34 positive marriage affirmations.