In September of 2013 our oldest daughter got engaged. I have to tell you, the engagement was not “that” big of a deal for me. Why?
This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. [Learn more]
Because I knew that an engagement did not mean a wedding.
Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
Well, not RIGHT THEN. I mean, I know it comes eventually. And that “eventually” seems to be coming quicker than I thought it would.
We’ve already put a deposit on the wedding venue, have an incredible photographer, amazing videographer, and the most beautiful wedding dress.
Father and Daughters
So, yes, I am beginning to feel the emotions with all of the wedding planning. And this will just be our first our wedding to plan.
We still have 3 more daughters and a son to make it through.
This means we have more songs for father daughter dance to choose in the future!
I am going to be a mess at this first one, Y’all.
I have no doubt.
There is something that really gets me with every father and daughter dance.
The fact that it’s the father of my children, with our daughters, makes it that much more meaningful.
One of the most emotional parts of a wedding, for me, is the traditional father daughter dance. I have always been a Daddy’s Girl, so classic country father daughter dance songs get me right in the feels every time.
Daughter Father Wedding Dance Songs
My dad and I did not dance to a “traditional” country daddy daughter wedding song you would typically hear for the daughter father wedding dance. Nope. We had to be different.
I wanted to dance with my dad to a unique song that meant something special to us and held some memories I most enjoyed. It was an old song from 1965. “Shotgun” by Jr Walker and The All-Stars.
Songs for Father Daughter Dance
It may not make sense to most, but to me and my dad, it still holds a special meaning. And really, that was all that mattered to me in that father daughter dance song moment during our wedding reception.
Now, with our daughter, Cheyenne, I have a feeling she is going to go for a more traditional, old country father daughter songs.
Daddy Daughter Songs
Therefore, as my 9 year old and I were listening to a few country songs about dads recently, I began a list of possible country father daughter wedding songs (in no particular order).
Mostly country because, well, that’s pretty much all I listen to in Texas, Y’all.
Father Daughter Dance Songs
- I Loved Her First (Heartland)
- Stealing Cinderella (Chuck Wicks)
- I Don’t Dance (Lee Brice)
- Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle)
- I Saw God Today (George Strait)
- My Wish (Rascal Flatts)
- I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack)
- In My Daughter’s Eyes (Martina McBride)
- My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)
- The Keeper Of The Stars (Tracy Byrd)
- Cinderella (Steven Curtis Chapman)
- Love Without End, Amen (George Strait)
- There Goes My Life (Kenny Chesney)
- It Won’t Be Like This For Long (Darius Rucker)
- You’re Gonna Miss This (Trace Adkins)
- I Love You This Big (Scotty McCreery)
- My Girl (Temptations)
- Walk With You (Edwin McCain)
- Find Yουr Wings (Mark Harris)
- Dance Baby Dance (Chris Cagle)
- Then They Do (Trace Adkins)
- Daddy Dance With Me (Krystal Keith) <– The one my daughter ended up using!
- In My Arms (Mark Wills)
- I Wish I Could (Colin Raye)
- That’s My Job (Conway Twitty)
What country father daughter dance song would you suggest?
I am open to your best country songs for dads and daughters suggestions. After all, we have a little bit of time to decide before the wedding day arrives.