When the covering was pulled back off the 2017 Ford Super Duty earlier today at a private reveal, there were no flashing lights or camera shutters going off. We were allowed to “look with our eyes only” and simply take it all in. And it was a lot to take in. From the chrome-filled grille down the aluminum-alloy body to the remote tailgate, this truck is a BEAST, Y’all!
2017 Ford Super Duty
Ford, America’s truck leader, today introduces the all-new 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty – the toughest, smartest, most capable Super Duty truck lineup ever. Durability is the underpinning of the “Built Tough” mantra and Ford has more than proven itself with sales in previous years. The fact is the Super Duty Owns Work and this 2017 F-Series is about to kick it up a notch. This are a few highlights that make it the toughest, smartest, most capable Ford Super Duty truck ever.
The 2017 Super Duty features a fully-boxed steel frame surrounded by a class-leading aluminum-alloy body that helps reduce the weight of the truck by 350 pounds. That weight savings is then reinvested into other areas to give customers more towing and hauling capability than ever before.
Towing is core to the Super Duty mission. All-new advanced coaching and camera technology makes conventional and gooseneck/fifth-wheel towing easier and more efficient than ever. For instance, trailer reverse guidance provides visual cues and tips to help ease backing up a trailer. Plus, there will be a first-ever, factory-available trailer camera that can be attached to a trailer to improve visibility backing up. Additionally, the all-new F-Series Super Duty is available with numerous driver-assist technologies:
- SYNC® 3 – Ford’s all-new communications and entertainment system
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with trailer tow is optimized for Super Duty to include the length of the trailer
- Lane departure warning provides a warning when a driver strays from a lane through a series of steering wheel vibrations that mimic rumble strips
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support use sensors to detect slower vehicles moving in the same direction.
Not to mention, the Super Duty features advanced light-emitting diode technology sheds light all around, including:
- New LED sideview mirror spotlights enable illumination surrounding the truck to light up a work site or camp site
- Class-exclusive quad-beam LED headlamps and taillamps
- New LED cargo box lighting
The second-generation Ford-designed, Ford-built 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 diesel engine is available for pickup trucks and chassis cabs providing the highest combination of horsepower and torque ever. The 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engine comes equipped with the new TorqShift-G transmission for the F-250 pickup – allowing for improved capability. The Super Duty chassis cab lineup offers a choice of 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel, 6.8-liter V10 gasoline or 6.2-liter V8 gasoline engines.
Customer accessibility and ease of use extend outside the truck as well, with the cargo box offering customers these class-exclusive features:
- BoxLink™: Ford-patented combination of metal brackets and custom cleats that can be used to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box
- Remote tailgate lock and release: Tailgate can be locked/unlocked and opened with the key fob, eliminating manual locking and increasing convenience and security. The tailgate is damped – dropping gently down, hands-free, to a flat position when opened
There are five models in the Super Duty lineup – XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum and will go on sale late next year.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.