There is so much talk recently about Social Media managing and it can get quite overwhelming for the small business that is still trying to grow their product line or build relationships within the industry.
Social Media Manager
Often, Social Media accounts can be left on the wayside in hopes that they can return to them later. But, why later?
These media outlets are a huge driving force of any company if properly used. Announce product launches to thousands of people at one time on Facebook or blast out a sale to even more on Twitter.
A Social Media Manager actively builds and maintains your company’s online presence. By increasing your online visibility, you can get the most out of your online marketing budget and convert the new leads into business-building sales.
What can a Social Media Manager do for You:
- The Social Media Manager is not brought on to completely take over all online activity, but rather to assist you in that area. As mentioned earlier, the day-to-day activities of running a business can become tedious and demanding. At the end of the day, the last thing you may want to do or find time to do is to hop on Twitter. This is where your SMM can come in and help. By taking care of the everyday tasks involved in managing social media accounts more time is left for you to handle and maintain the business.
- The potential reach of your brand is obviously an important aspect of social media. Your SMM can help find new followers to expand that reach as well as share your information through other avenues. Writing a blog post and ensuring it is seen at various times to reach an optimal number of followers is one such example. With many different platforms to use there are a variety of options to sort through.
- What are all the platforms and is your brand represented on them all? If no, the Social Media Manager can get you set-up and going on various accounts and even set up a blog for your brand and assist in maintaining it as well. Blogs can aid in getting out valuable information about your company and products, new developments, events and a wealth of other information. It is much more cost-effective sometimes to write a blog post and spread it to the masses via social media then to put an ad in one local newspaper.
- This brings me to another important feature in Social Media Management. Have you gone to a blog or Twitter page only to learn it has not been updated in months? The SMM can be responsible for maintaining these accounts and keeping the information fresh and new. A few Twitter updates, Facebook statuses, and at least 2 or 3 new blog posts a week can be all your brand needs to keep your followers coming back for more.
- And when your follower arrive they can be met with a friendly online “voice” that will engage in real conversation. They may have questions, concerns, or even praise for your brand and the SMM can send out answers and thank yous. Perhaps a Twitter party or Facebook chat could be facilitated as a way to introduce events or new launches. A giveaway or discount code could entice more followers and the Social Media Manager could assist in managing the promotion.
- Although the bottom line may be nothing more than ROI, be assured that building and engaging trust and confidence in potential customers is important in our tech-driven society. Customers are excited about interacting on a personal level with the brands they enjoy and are more apt to remember your product when it is constantly in front of them. If they are able to both trust and like you, they are more inclined to purchase from you. You see the ROI and they see the relationship.
Nevertheless, perhaps your company only needs assistance in one area or two rather than all of them across the board. Whatever your reasons may be to hire a Social Media Manager the results could still be the same. Social Media is just that… being “social” through various platforms of “media.”
The SMM should be able to build relationships and, eventually, turn those connections into customers. Focused content strategies engages conversation and thus building lasting relationships. Relationships bring upon trust and from there you find customers.
Therefore, do you need a Social Media Manager?
Can your company benefit from more social engagement and fresh, new ideas?
Even though there are several resources available for finding the assistance you may be seeking, please feel free to look at the Social Media Management packages I can offer your brand as well.