Disclosure: I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Vanity Fair. I received product samples to facilitate my review and compensation to thank me for my participation.
Did you know that 80% of women don’t wear the right size bra? They simply do not know their proper size. Are you one of them? Obviously, if you are, you’re not alone. We may think we know the right size, but life experiences and circumstances change our bodies, and we may need to get fitted again. It happens. Vanity Fair wants to help you find the right bra for both comfort and coverage.
Last week, I attended the Vanity Fair Blogger Summit in New York City and had the opportunity to learn about finding the right bra and so much more. Vanity Fair has been the leader in intimate apparel in nearly 100 years and keeps that spot by listening to their consumers. They offer a solution-based product based on the needs and wants of the women that use their products. Evolving with both the consumers and fashion industry, Vanity Fair remains innovative and trendy.
As their trends evolve through the seasons, you are going to want to make sure you know your proper bra size!
Using the bra fit tips we learned at the summit, you can evaluate the bras you have… as well as learn what size you should be wearing.
- 2-Finger Test: Are the straps on your shoulders snug, yet loose enough to slide two fingers under? Is the band tight enough to offer support yet still fit 2 fingers underneath?
- Fill Check: Do the bra cups fit smoothly against your body with no gaps or wrinkles?
- Max Lift: Stand sideways in front of a mirror with your arms at your side. Do your breasts rest halfway between your shoulders and elbows?
- Center Challenge: Does the center piece of the bra lay flat against your chest without buckling?
- Spill Check: You know how this one goes. Do you fit completely into the cups without spilling over the top?
- Stretch Test: Raise your hands. Now bend over. Twist. Does the band stay in place when you move about? No hiking up in the back?
- Hook Check: Does the band fit best across your body while on the middle hook?
- Comfort Check: Perhaps most important, does the bra feel comfortable on you? Every single part of it?
- Top Test: Put a top over the bra. How does it look? Is it seamless? Smooth? Lifted?
If you were able to answer YES to each of these questions, congratulations! You are wearing the proper size bra! If not, no worries! Vanity Fair can help!
You can also stay up-to-date on the latest in intimate apparel by liking Vanity Fair Lingerie on Facebook and following @ShopVanityFair on both Twitter and Instagram.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.