As school starts back, things once again get busy and our schedules begin to fill up with activities. Dinner may become more challenging and hurried, but it doesn’t need to be stressful.
One trip to the store and you can have all you need to get cooking. We are able to tackle several items on our shopping list in one swoop. We put together a shopping list before we leave the house, as well as leave the kids home as often as we can.
It seems shopping with our younger three girls takes us off course. They are excellent at pulling Daddy wherever they want to go around the store. So, for grocery shopping, they stay home with their older brother.
That leaves just Colby and us to get what we need for the week and get back home.
Simple is always the keyword in our house. With kids going in several different directions, as well as busy schedules of our own, we need quick and easy.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas are one of our favorite family meals. You get bread, meat and dairy in one bite. Plus, add a side of corn salsa and you have a serving of veggies too. A homemade chicken quesadilla makes for a nice balanced meal that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, cook and serve.
Not to mention, the ingredients for the Chicken Quesadillas recipe are basically around the parameter of the grocery section… with one quick run down the bread aisle.
How to make Chicken Quesadillas:
- Grilled Breast Strips (diced)
- Shredded cheese (we use the Fiesta Blend)
- Tortillas (the smaller sized ones are easier to manage when cooking)
- Corn salsa (optional)
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and pre-heat over medium heat.
- Place tortilla into pan and top with a layer of cheese and diced chicken. Add another layer of cheese and top tortilla.
- Let brown for 3 minutes (or until melted) and carefully flip.
- Brown other side of quesadilla for another 3 minutes. Gently press to blend all of the ingredients together.
- Remove from heat and slice into 4 quarters. Serve with a side of corn salsa and enjoy.
You can have dinner on the table quickly with this easy chicken quesadilla recipe and have more time to spend on the important things–like your family.