Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water. Regardless, all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
This past weekend, my family and I were on a mini-vacation in Galveston, Texas. Galveston is located on the Gulf of Mexico. And, well, anywhere in Texas in the summer means hot temperatures. Therefore, it was important that I worked on keeping the kids hydrated during the weekend.
Tips to Stay Hydrated on Vacation
With 4 of my 5 kids in tow, I was constantly making sure everyone was accounted for and doing well. That meant handing them water bottles all weekend and teaching them the importance of hydration. But, there are other tips to stay hydrated on vacation. It is one more important piece of “Mom Wisdom” I feel is important to pass on to them.
- Reusable water bottle – As I mentioned, I keep shoving water bottles at my kids when we travel. We use reusable water bottles that we can easily refill as we go about out day.
- Natural flavorings – If you are like me, water may not be your favorite drink in the world. Use natural flavorings, such a lemon or berries, to spruce up the water and then drink.
- Limit salt and caffeine – Limiting salt means that you are not adding additional sodium to your body, therefore reducing the body’s ability to absorb water. Whereas, caffeine can act as a diuretic, thus, also not aiding the body in retaining much needed water.
- Water-based foods – Did you know that some foods have a high water content. Foods such as watermelon, celery, asparagus, eggplant, melons, and kale are a handful of water-filled foods you could try.
- Stay cool – When you sweat your body is once again loosing precious water. By stepping inside for a bit to cool off and refresh, and drinking water, you can help replenish what was lost.
Join the Movement
Nestlé® Pure Life® is once again involved in the Hydration Movement. They are asking their Facebook fans to take a quick online pledge to simply drink more water. Plus, you can enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a grand prize trip for 4 to Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, or one of the 100 first prizes of a one year’s supply of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water. After you take the Pledge, be sure to share your own story.
What is your best mom wisdom? How do you keep your children hydrated?
Stop by the Nestlé Pure Life Facebook page to share your mom wisdom and enter to win!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nestlé®Pure Life® Purified Water. All thoughts and experiences are my own.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.