With two teenagers in the house, and one more right behind them, we see a variety of trends that manage to come into our home.
Teenagers are a fast growing group of both influencers and spenders. Just look at the platforms they use most: Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok.
Teenagers are typically the first ones to help establish new fashion trends as well as influence where mom and dad’s money goes.
Teens know about today’s market trends in fashion, technology, lifestyle and more; plus they have friends they can share with.
My teens are not only active on Social Media, but they spend more time shopping than I do.
Research shows that teens spend most of their money on clothes.
Second to that, there’s the ever-growing world of video games. And we girls still like to have a variety of shoes.
Coming in third would be entertainment; which includes movies, music, recreational activities and more.
Let’s face it, in today’s world, over 32 million teens have buying power that most parents are most likely not ready to admit.
From the Mediamark Teen Research study, here are some more trends to expect:
- Twice as many teens live in the south than in the northeast.
- The south has seen a significant increase in the teen population.
- Teens also tend to work harder as they grow.
- 16-17 year olds have about four time more disposable income than 12-13 year olds.
- Older teens have more influence on family purchasing decisions on items like personal computers and cell phones.
- More and more teens are becoming aware of the perils of accumulating debt even though most of them tend to be spendthrift in nature.
Therefore, if you are looking to market to the youth of America, my teens have agreed to write their own product reviews. Honestly, they prefer video or images.
After all, social media is where this age thrives! Gen Z knows how to make something go viral!
If you are in need of reaching a younger market, they can assist you by reviewing your product and sharing their honest opinions about their experience.
They already assist in reviews I write by expressing their thoughts that I can then interject into my post, or through videos.
The featured product should have a MSRP of at least $100.
If you are interested in finding out more, please feel free to contact us.