Disclosure: I have received information, product and materials from McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., the makers of Tylenol® PM. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.
Did you know that more than 30% of the US Adult population suffers from sleeplessness? Of that 30%, each person’s triggers can vary and yet sleep is so important to our bodies. Did you also know Tylenol® PM is the #1 doctor recommended brand for pain with sleeplessness? It helps you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Tips for Stress Relief
Not only do some people not get enough sleep, they may not be getting quality sleep. There is a difference and there are also ways to promote better sleep. We can often change a few waking habits in order to improve our sleeping habits.
A few tips for stress relief and relaxation before bed can be conducive towards your next good night’s sleep.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule. Pay attention to your body’s natural reactions to sleep and adjust your routine. Choose a bedtime and stick to it. Waking up at the regular time each day is also beneficial to creating a sleep schedule.
- Exercise. If you are regularly active during the day, keep it up. A good daily workout can actually help you sleep better each night. Just make sure you get your workout in well before the bedtime you have set for yourself.
- Drink less caffeine and alcohol. Both fluids can keep you from getting the deep sleep your body needs. Limit your intake, especially in the hours just before bedtime, to improve the quality of sleep you get.
- Cool down. Lower the temperature of your bedroom before climbing into bed. Take a hot bath. The warm water actually raises your body temperature and then the steep drop once getting out can transition you into a deep sleep quicker.
- Create an atmosphere for sleep. Once you have cooled the room, be sure to filter out light, limit noise, cut out distractions, and get comfortable. Use a sleep mask or black-out curtains to control the light in the room. Bring in a white noise machine or fan to masks noises. Set your phone to “do not disturb” mode. Buy a new mattress or comfortable new pillow.
- Try relaxation techniques. Wind your body down and prepare it for sleep. Do deep breathing exercises or progressive muscle relaxation. Visualize yourself in a restful place. Cast your cares aside until the morning and concentrate on sleeping.
Tylenol® PM offers temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness. Your body needs sleep and lets you know when it has not got enough of it. When used as directed, Tylenol® PM is non-habit forming and can help you achieve a “Better Night, Better You All Day.” You can easily find it at your local Walgreens store! Check this week’s circular for deals!
One lucky reader will receive a $50 Walgreens gift card and Tylenol PM Sleep Kit. Entering is easy using the Rafflecopter form below. Open to US residents only. Giveaway ends at 12AM CST on Saturday, October 18, 2014. Good luck!
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.