Once you look around the amazing room you are standing in, you will also notice that it has been slowly carved out through the erosion process from the falls. A fabulous display of Mother Nature at its best.
Once it’s time to make the walk back to the surface, you travel the same way you came, but the experience is completely different. The rock formations, pools of water, and overall view of the cavern is all new.
Another elevator ride takes you to the exit of the cavern where you can view the Tennessee River Valley from the Lookout Mountain Tower. The children can even release a bit of energy by playing on the Fun Forest Play Ground before you head into the souvenir shop and back to the car.
Plus depending on the time of year of your visit, Ruby Falls offers a marvelous line-up of special events, including:
- Lantern Tours — tour the Ruby Falls Cavern with only lanterns to light the pathway
- Foto at the Falls — tour designed exclusively for photographers
- Ruby Falls Battle Below the Clouds — amateur BBQ contest benefiting the kids of Lana’s Love
- Ice Cream Days — Mayfield’s finest ice cream with flavors of the day, free sampling, and a Cavern Scavenger Hunt for children
- Football at the Falls — large HDTVs feature the day’s football action on the deck
- Haunted Cavern — takes place both above and below ground and is considered one of the area’s best haunted attractions
- Ruby Falls Christmas Underground — Visit Santa in the Ruby Falls mines and see how he and his elves mine for Joystone – the special stone that represents the spirit of Christmas!
Start planning your visit to Ruby Falls and take in the amazing view only accessible from the tour. While you’re in Chattanooga, be sure to find more great places to visit with the Chattanooga Convention and Visitors Bureau.