The month of love is upon us and it’s time to get creative. To think outside the box. I mean, I know for Colby and I, after almost 24 years together, it’s time. Honestly though, no matter what stage of your relationship you are in, why not think of new, romantic ways to say I Love You!
Romantic Ways to Say I Love You
For the record, those “I love you’s” should come every day of the year, but it’s no secret that Valentine’s Day is a day for romance. Why not spice things up a bit with a new idea? Be creative and show that special someone how talented you are… and how much they mean to you. It does take a bit more effort and that shows you must care! Right?! You can go big or small… it’s the sentiment that counts! Here are 21 ideas to help get you started:
- Make a Playlist of “Your Songs” (or go old-school with a mixtape/CD)
- Surprise them with a picnic lunch
- Go back to where you first met
- Bacon Roses – for the bacon lover
- Prepare a bubble bath with candles and soft music
- Hire a babysitter and make dinner plans
- Create a “52 Things I Love About You” Deck of Cards Album
- Buy “special pajamas” just for him/her
- Sing a romantic song to them at a karaoke bar
- Make a list of every reason you love them
- Create a themed-date in your bedroom
- Heart Latte – for the coffee lover
- Learn to say “I love you” in several languages
- Leave love letters out
- Make heart-shaped food
- Remind them of the exact number of days you have loved him/her
- Prepare a romantic scavenger hunt
- Hand write a letter (it’s a lost art)
- Put together a compilation video of your relationship
- Serve breakfast in bed
- Make a handmade card and leave it under their pillow
Okay, now it’s time to get busy!
What romantic ways do you say I love you?
Looking for more inspiration?
my marriage rocks.
Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you a printable list of 34 positive marriage affirmations.