Since I have 4 daughters, the threat of head lice is very real in our home. Although we can attempt to keep our girls well-groomed, personal hygiene is not a factor and head lice is no stranger to the school system and other places where we mingle with other children. In fact, did you know that 85% of all school districts in the US report at least one case of head lice every year and that most of those 12 million cases occur in preschool and elementary-aged children?! Therefore, I was delighted to receive a group of products from Fairy Tales Hair Care Rosemary Repel collection to review.
If I had my way my girls would all have their hair in a short bob like I keep mine. But, SuperDad and the girls are fan of longer hair so that is how it is… for now. Anyways, shampooing and conditioning their hair can become a huge chore sometimes. Of course, the only two we still have to “supervise” at bathtime is Monkey and Princess, but we can tell when they wash their hair properly. The Rosemary Repel not only leaves their hair smelling great, but the products make their hair feel soft, smooth and shiny. JJ typically has overly oily hair the day after washing her hair, but the Rosemary Repel hair products leave her hair looking clean even 24 hours later. Plus, since the girls all have straight as a bone hair, the conditioner and leave-in conditioning spray help make their hair manageable. The “nest” that they typically wake up with in the morning is easier to comb through and their hair is easily styled and ready for the day! And, SuperDad’s first question was “is it tear free?” I honestly have to say that my girls are like their momma and do not like anything in their eyes, but they did fairly well with the products. Overall we were quite pleased and we decided that the lavender scent was an extra bonus since it acts as a calming oil. It helps soothe the girls for bedtime!
About Fairy Tales Hair Care Rosemary Repel
Rosemary Repel® Hair Products naturally repel lice and other insects from the hair using all-natural, organic ingredients. The products are a unique blend of pure rosemary, citronella, oils, lavender and tea tree extracts that act as a natural deterrent without the use of harsh chemicals. Rosemary repel is safe for everyday use and includes a shampoo, creme conditioner, leave-in-conditioning spray, styling gel and a hair spray. All of the hair care products are Paraben and SLS free.
Rosemary Repel® Shampoo
- The first of its kind, this unique shampoo uses organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, lavender and geranium oils to help repel lice and other insects from the hair.
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals, this great shampoo contains no harsh chemicals so it’s mild enough to use every day.
- Promotes soft, shiny and squeaky clean hair. Perfect for all hair types.
Rosemary Repel Creme Conditioner
- Conditioner combines lice protecting ingredients such as organic rosemary, citronella, geranium, tea tree, cherry bark and passion flower with nourishing aloe and vitamin E.
- No need to rinse out completely just comb through for tangle free hair. It will not create build up and leaves the hair silky and smooth, soft and shiny.
Rosemary Repel Leave-in Conditioning Spray
- Ground breaking formula blends organic oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, lemongrass, peppermint, sage and others to help keep lice and other insects away.
- Loaded with vitamin B-5 and aloe, Conditioning Spray detangles, conditions, and seals and protects the hair from unwanted elements.
- Spray the hair, neck, behind ears and tops of shoulders for maximum lice prevention.
- Fairy Tales Hair Care #1 best selling product!
Rosemary Repel Spray and Shield Hair Spray
- Infused with pure oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, cinnamon, rose extracts and geranium oil.
- Provides maximum protection from lice and other insects while keeping the hair looking just-styled all day!
- Lightweight hair spray formula smells fresh and clean.
Rosemary Repel® Gel
- Infused with organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, cinnamon, mint, sage and geranium oils, this gel is the final step to help repel lice and other insects from the hair.
- Alcohol free, lightweight gel is the perfect styling tool and helps keep the bugs away, too!
Tips on Lice Prevention
- Teach children to never share hats, combs, pillows or helmets, which can transmit lice lice. While most lice are spread through head-to-head contact, lice can also thrive off the human head for 24-36 hours.
- Keep long hair up in a braid or pony tail to help minimize contact with infected areas.
- Do not wash hair everyday. Lice attach themselves more easily to squeaky clean hair. Wash every other day to allow the build up of natural oils, which coat the hair shaft and make it more difficult for lice to latch on to.
- Side note: this tip does not apply if you are using products that repel lice such as Rosemary Repel.
- Be vigilant and commit to weekly head checks under a bright light. Comb through tiny sections of the hair and check “hot spots” such as the back of the neck, part lines and behind the ears. If a gray or white fleck is hard to remove, it’s a nit not dandruff.
“The Facts of Lice” iPhone App
- New launch since September is National Lice Awareness Month
- App provides real time alerts of outbreaks at a local level so you increase prevention at home.
- Provides valuable lice prevention information and lice treatment tips.
- Available for free at iTunes
*Disclosure: I received a 4 bottles of the Rosemary Repel® product line from Team Mom for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was given and the opinions are 100% my own.