What’s your favorite way to fish? I am more of an “on-the-bank” sorta girl. Texas is full of fishing holes and it can be quite relaxing to just sit and drop a line in the water for a while. We live near one of the largest man-made lakes in Texas, so fishing is part of everyday life in our small town.
Reasons to Take Your Family Fishing
No matter where you live, Take Me Fishing can point you towards the best places to fish and boat. More than that, you can also search for a body of water based on fish species and even find nearby gear and equipment, bait shops, license vendors, boat ramps and more. You can also find the 2017 Best Family-Friendly Places to Fish and Boat to take the kids as a way to unplug and get out on the water! During the dog days of summer, it’s a great way to cool off and enjoy the weather.
Of course, that’s not all. There are several great reasons to take your family fishing, including:
- Stress Relief — calm waters, fresh air, cool winds, and (hopefully) biting fish can all add up to the perfect way to unwind
- Exercise — whether hiking to your favorite fishing spot or wading through shallow waters, you can get a great cardio workout in while angling
- Conservation — anglers tend to preserve and protect their fishing spots, plus fishing licenses help fund many of wildlife and conservation programs
- Education — while out in nature, kids (and adults alike) can learn to tie knots, catch and clean fish, and learn more about the environment and conservation
- Quality Time — through bonding, meaningful conversations, and simple fun times spent together, lasting relationships can be formed and a lifetime of memories made
You can even get started right away during National Fishing and Boating Week (June 3-11)! It is a national celebration that highlights the importance of recreational boating and fishing. In most states, you can even find free fishing days – find free fishing opportunities for you and your family this summer! These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license. It will be the perfect time to get out on the water for the first time of the season… or in your life. Be sure to follow @Take_Me_Fishing and share your #FirstCatch photos and cheer your fellow fishing buddies on!
Finally, you can enter to win an incredible fishing trip to Yellowstone National Park for guided charters on Yellowstone Lake. All you have to do is take The Fishy Personality Quiz for your chance to win! Good luck!
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.