Fall is the season of pumpkin flavored everything! Right? International Delight even brings their Pumpkin Pie Spice creamers to store shelves. I also noticed they have a Classic Nog. In fact, these two together sparked a tasty idea: Pumpkin Spice Eggnog.
Pumpkin Spice Eggnog
I have always been a big fan of eggnog. My dad made sure to bring it home every year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it is a tradition we still continue. But, I have a new appreciation for the deliciously creamy drink after making it myself.
Making eggnog is a process… but the payoff is amazing. The Homemade Pumpkin Spice Eggnog we created was incredible.
- 1 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pour International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice, milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice into a deep saucepan. Heat mixture until heated through. Increase temperature to medium to bring to a low boil. Do not allow a rolling boil.
- In a bowl. combine sugar and egg yolks. Careful not to drop any eggshell into the mixture. Beat until eggs are lights and fluffy.
- Temper egg mixture by adding a spoonful of milk mixture and stirring. This will help keep the eggs from cooking in the warm mixture. Once tempered, pour mixture into sauce pan with remaining milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat for 4-6 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently. Mixture should just stick to back of spoon.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and nutmeg and heat through. Careful not to boil.
- Strain mixture as your pour to catch any spices or bits of cooked egg.
- Chill. Garnish with additional nutmeg, cinnamon, and/or pumpkin spice as desired, and serve. Serves 2.
The entire process takes about 35 minutes, but is well worth it. If you want more of the great pumpkin flavor, you can adjust the milk to International Delight coffee creamer ratio.
Want to try another flavor? International Delight has a variety of great ones to choose from. Simply substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice for Gingerbread Latte or another tasty favorite.
Which International Delight coffee creamer would you try in your eggnog?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.