Ok.. I just finished putting my kids to bed and am a total mess. It is always so hard to leave them… but know I am doing what I can to get ahead and make a better life for them. Everybody has room to learn and grow in their business, right?! And although my husband and son actually do a lot of the cooking on a regular basis, I wanted to be a part of at least one meal I was gone.
Prepping Meals Ahead of Time
There were so many preparations to make over the past few weeks as I was packing to head to BlogHer. Some things could be planned weeks out while others were all last minute. Prepping meals ahead of time for the family is one thing I would have loved to had more time to do. Things got so crazy at the last minute and I was unable to do as much prep as I would have liked as far as meals. Again, my husband does like to cook and my son is an aspiring chef… so I knew they would be taken care of. Alas, I still wanted to get at least one meal prepared and into the freezer to make dinner easy on my husband.
That being said, I was thrilled to receive a GLAD Mom Made meal kit to feed my family for a night while I am away. The kit included Glad FreezerWare Containers, a recipe card for Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas, and a few key ingredients to get started. So today I was able to throw it together and freeze it for my family to enjoy while I am gone over the next 5 days. And the recipe was quick and easy to put together and will just take a little warming up in the microwave come dinner time. Here is the recipe so that you can give it a try prior to traveling or just to make an easy night’s meal:
Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- can (4.5 oz) diced chilies
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked of meat
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jar (16 oz) of salsa
- 1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. And onions (if desired) and garlic and saute until soft. Around 3 minutes. Add chilies, chicken, chili powders and salsa and stir in skillet to combine. Simmer about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat to assemble enchiladas.
- Soften tortillas in microwave for about 30 seconds on high.
- Coat bottom of a casserole pan with some enchilada sauce. Place rest of sauce in a shallow pie pan. Dip tortilla into remaining sauce and then fill with some o of the chicken mixture. Roll tortilla and place seamside down in dish. Repeat until remaining tortillas are stuffed and rolled.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Back for 20 minutes until fully cooked through and cheese has melted.
Transfer enchiladas to Glad Freezerware for freezing for later. Serves 4-6 people.
My family now has at least one tasty meal in the freezer and my husband can have one “easier” night. I honestly need to start doing this more often just to make things easier on myself!
What is your go-to freezer meal? Or have you ever tried cooking and freezing for later?
Disclosure: I received a Glad Meal Kit from Mom Select in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.