Will you be doing any holiday hosting at your home this year? Whether you have family coming over for the day or a few days, I am sure you want to make sure your house is in order.
Preparing your Home for Holiday Hosting
Holiday hosting can be as fun or as stressful as we make it. With a bit of planning (and fantastic pieces from Havertys), it can be an enjoyable time for all involved, including yourself.
As the holidays approach, you can begin preparing your home using a few holiday hosting tips.
- Clean your house. I know, it sounds like a given. But if you have it on your list to do early, then you will have minimal cleaning to do the day guests arrive.
- Organize your kitchen. De-clutter the countertops and, if possible, leave plenty of free-space for prepping or serving food. Invest in a quality kitchen island such as the Hanover Kitchen Island from Havertys. The adjustable shelves, towel racks, and four drawers add an ample amount of storage space.
- Decide on dining style. If you plan on serving a buffet style meal, Havertys Whitney Server is perfect! The white marble top is ideal for serving hors d’oeuvres or entrees to your guests.
- Set the table. Go ahead, set the table and ensure that you have plenty of silverware, glassware, and dishes to properly serve your guests. There is nothing wrong with a practice run before the big day.
- Decorate your home. Whatever the holiday you are celebrating, be sure to provide a nice festive backdrop to the gathering. Change out table runners, set out holiday candles, or bring out the Christmas dinnerware. Set the mood of the celebration with your home’s decor.
- Ready the guest room. If you will be entertaining overnight guests, wash the linens and stock up the guest bathroom. You want to provide your house guests with the best care you can provide when they stay in your home.
- Charge your batteries. With your family and friends gathered, you will not want to miss a chance to capture the moment. Charge your camera and snap shots of your guests enjoying their time around the dinner table or in front of the Christmas tree.
- Relax and enjoy the event. After cleaning, prepping, cooking and stressing over the details, it is most important that you remember to enjoy the day. Relish in the laughter, traditions, and time together.
How do you prepare your home for holiday hosting?
Havertys has a large selection of great pieces for the home to both furnish and decorate for entertaining, as well as year round.
From rugs and accessories, to mattresses and dining tables, you can find the items you need to make your house a home.
Whether you are looking for the perfect couch or an accent piece to tie the whole room together, Havertys has everything you need to prepare your home for guests this holiday season!