Okay, so some people will find any reason to celebrate, right? Even if the purpose of celebrating the day is simply the date. Like… exactly the date. Such as Pi Day. In this instance, March 14. Or 3/14. Why is that significant? Well, in the world of mathematics it is the numerals found in the decimal form of π.
Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. (via Piday.org)
There are several ways Pi Day is celebrated throughout the world, but I think the best way is most definitely with eating pie. Yum! So, I found a great selection of 14 Pie Recipes to help you have your pie and eat it today too! Just look at the list below and see what you think!
14 Pie Recipes to Celebrate Pi Day
- Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Pie by 7 on a Shoestring (pictured)
- Aunt Jane’s Strawberry Pie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom (pictured)
- Chocolate Fudge Pie by Formula Mom (pictured)
- Individual Strawberry Cream Pie by [email protected] Delicious
- Chocolate Pie by Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Caramel Apple Pie by Erica’s Sweet Tooth
- Chocolate Cream Pie by Tide & Thyme
- No Bake Key Lime Pie by Eat Good 4 Life
- Tiramisù Pie found on Good Food (by Michele Stuart of Michele’s Pies)
- Strawberry Pie by Chocolate & Carrots
- Mud Pie by Girl Inspired
- Grasshopper Pie by The Galley Gourmet
- Hot Fudge Pie by Christen F. on Key Ingredient
- Classic Sour Cherry Pie with Lattice Crust by Rachel K. on Key Ingredient
By looking at list above I *may* have a slight aversion for chocolate. Either that or I am having withdrawals from my diet this week and seriously need some! Either way, I hope you are able to find one that works for you!