With our busy family, we are often out the door early on the weekends and are grabbing breakfast as we run out of the house. This past weekend, SuperDad and I had to head out early to go to the clinic for our 2 week weigh-in. Therefore, we were going to stop by Murphy USA to grab some quick breakfast items and a drink on our way to our destination. Although we knew of a location near our home, it was in the opposite direction so we thought we would try finding something closer to the clinic. Well, good thing we left early because none of the first 3 locations we tried had what we were looking for.
We turned around and headed back to the Murphy USA near our house so we could grab the items we had set out to find. At this point we were just really thirsty and ready to drink our V8 juices we had been thinking about all morning. We were more than elated when we pulled up in front of the Murphy near our home and were able to find not only the V8 juices, but a protein bar to hold us over until lunch.
Finding nutritious meals on the run can become difficult but is possible. Here are 5 easy tips for a nutritious breakfast on the run.
Nutritious Breakfast on the Run
- Homemade Smoothie – Using non-fat yogurt and fresh fruit, you can make a nutritious smoothie to grab on the go.
- Yogurt – My kids love yogurt and there are several options and flavors to choose from. Grab a cup, add some granola or fresh fruit and breakfast is ready.
- Oatmeal – You can find oatmeal in easy to-go bowls or prepare your own from scratch and save. Serve in a thermos for on the run eating.
- Fresh Fruit – Fruit may be the simplest of all on-the-run breakfasts. Grab an apple, banana, grapefruit or other fruit and head out the door!
- Leftover Pizza – Yep, that’s right. Pizza incorporates several food groups and with low-fat cheese and a wheat crust it can be nutritious as well.
Breakfast on the run does not have to lack in nutrition or be difficult to prepare. Do not be afraid to step outside the box and try new things as well. A grilled cheese sandwich or simple cheese & crackers can constitute a healthy breakfast. And, if you are on the road and need to find a place to grab a quick breakfast, stop by a Murphy USA and take a look inside. With affordable drink options and a coffee bar, plus a variety of breakfast foods and snacks, you can walk out with a healthy start to your day. Most importantly, never skip breakfast! It truly is the most important meal of the day as it gives you the energy and nutrients you need to start your day off right!
Check out more pictures from this visit I made to my local Murphy USA for breakfast with SuperDad on Google+ Murphy Breakfast
*Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #CBias. All opinions are 100% my own.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.