Spring is here and Easter is on it’s way! Do you have big plans for the holiday? No matter what occasion it is, we always enjoy celebrating with family.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. [Learn more]
This year, not only will we go to church, enjoy a meal, and hunt for eggs, but Colby even has plans that go well into the evening.
He bought an inflatable outdoor projector screen for a family movie night, and we’re making cupcakes!
If you’re used to cupcake delivery, I completely understand you, it’s so convenient and easy, but read on to find a super easy and delicious movie popcorn cupcake recipe for those nights when you just want to have some fun in the kitchen.
Family Movie Night
Plus, since Best Buy has an expanding selection of kids and family movies, we were able to grab a variety of movies to watch through the night.
We will get the evening hopping with the 2011 Easter-themed movie, “Hop” and continue through the night to our favorite new release, Sing!
It’s bound to have everyone up dancing and moving in order to wear them down for bedtime! I can’t wait to use the screen in our new backyard!
In fact, I think it’s the perfect time for one of my favorite movie-watching treats:
Movie Popcorn Cupcakes!
There is something about the combination of cupcake, frosting and marshmallows that I can not resist! Plus, they look super fun and are easy to make.
- White cake mix (make per instructions on box)
- Fluffy white frosting
- Mini marshmallows
- Yellow decorative food mist
- Make cake mix per box instructions for cupcakes. Bake and let cool.
- Frost with fluffy white frosting, or any flavor of your choice really.
- Cut an X into the top of each marshmallow.
- Top cupcake with marshmallows—snipped side up—to create a “popcorn“ look.
- Spray yellow food mist lightly on top of the marshmallows for buttery effect (completely optional, of course).
- Wrap with movie-themed cupcake wrappers (again, optional) and serve!
Simple and fun, right? And they taste great, so there’s that!
What’s your best family movie night recipe?
Find the kid movies you need to make your next next family movie night a success at Best Buy!