Spring is here and Easter is on it’s way! Do you have big plans for the holiday? No matter what occasion it is, we always enjoy celebrating with family. This year, not only will we go to church, enjoy a meal, and hunt for eggs, but Colby even has plans that go well into the evening.
He bought an inflatable outdoor projector screen for a family movie night!
Family Movie Night
Plus, since Best Buy has an expanding selection of kids and family movies, we were able to grab a variety of movies to watch through the night.
It’s bound to have everyone up dancing and moving in order to wear them down for bedtime! I can’t wait to use the screen in our new backyard!
In fact, I think it’s the perfect time for one of my favorite movie-watching treats:
Movie Popcorn Cupcakes!
There is something about the combination of cupcake, frosting and marshmallows that I can not resist! Plus, they look super fun and are easy to make.
- White cake mix (make per instructions on box)
- Fluffy white frosting
- Mini marshmallows
- Yellow decorative food mist
- Make cake mix per box instructions for cupcakes. Bake and let cool.
- Frost with fluffy white frosting, or any flavor of your choice really.
- Cut an X into the top of each marshmallow.
- Top cupcake with marshmallows—snipped side up—to create a “popcorn“ look.
- Spray yellow food mist lightly on top of the marshmallows for buttery effect (completely optional, of course).
- Wrap with movie-themed cupcake wrappers (again, optional) and serve!
Simple and fun, right? And they taste great, so there’s that!
What’s your best family movie night recipe?
Find the kid movies you need to make your next next family movie night a success at Best Buy!
Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.