Third through 8th grade students across Texas are preparing to walk into their classrooms today to take the STAAR Test. The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness tests various grade levels in mathematics, reading, writing, social studies and science.
Commitment to Education
Research shows students who eat a balanced breakfast have better concentration, higher test scores and improved cognitive function. To help students prepare for the annual STAAR test, participating McDonald’s of North Texas restaurants will continue its STAAR Free Breakfast program, offering free breakfast to 3rd – 8th grade students and teachers in the Dallas/Fort Worth and Tyler areas on Tuesday, April 10 from 5:30 to 10:30 a.m. The STAAR Free Breakfast program helps give kids the nutritious boost needed to achieve academic success before they begin the STAAR Test.
Students will receive their choice of an Egg White Delight McMuffin Sandwich or Fruit and Maple Oatmeal, Apple Slices and their choice of 1% low-fat milk or Honest Kids organic apple juice at participating McDonald’s locations.
Before visiting the restaurant for STAAR Free Breakfast on April 10, students and teachers in participating markets are encouraged to check with their local McDonald’s for final details.
Each of the free menu items offered are from McDonald’s Dietitian Approved Menu, showcasing the fast foot giant’s commitment to education and providing healthier options for kids. The free breakfast offer is only available to those who go inside the restaurant to order – and are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Teachers can also receive the free breakfast offer with proof of a valid school identification card.
In addition to the STAAR Free Breakfast program, McDonald’s commitment to education includes the Archways to Opportunity™ program, which helps employees further their education and achieve their dreams. The program is a comprehensive education strategy with multiple programs that give people an opportunity to grow and learn – no matter where they are on their journey. The education programs include:
- Tuition Assistance Program – Get upfront money for courses at accredited colleges and universities.
- Scholarship Opportunities – Help pay for college with McDonald’s Scholarships. 50 awards of $2,500 each (one per state) and 3 awards of $7,500 each are given to eligible restaurant employees.
- Earn a High School Diploma – With the nationally accredited Career Online High School program, eligible restaurant employees can earn their high school diploma–at no cost.
- English Under the Arches – The program offers free classes for English Language Learners that teach essential phrases, as well as reading and writing skills.
- Academic Advising – Make a plan to succeed with academic advising services designed to save you time and money.
- Hamburger University – Build your career with a comprehensive management course taught in 28 different languages.
The Archways to Opportunity program is available to McDonald’s employees and the employees of participating independent franchisees.
Good luck to those taking the STAAR Test!
McDonald’s of North Texas consists of 363 restaurants throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth and Tyler areas
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.