Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Halos. Regardless, all opinions are 100% my own.
Considering it is winter here in Texas, I have been dreaming of the tropics. The warm sun and citrus flavors are calling my name. When I sat down to think about what flavors would make for a great tropical treat, I decided that juicy Halo Mandarins and pineapple would be perfect. Working off another cake that is a family favorite, I decided to make a Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cake. And it was delicious.
Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cake
Knowing I like to keep things simple, you should be able to guess that this recipe is no different. It’s all about baking with the kids and finding flavors the whole family will love. I am sure I accomplished both of those with this super easy Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cake.
- 3 Halo Mandarin Oranges (peeled and diced)
- White Cake Mix
- 3 eggs (based on cake directions)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (based on cake directions)
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven according to instructions on cake mix box.
- Make cake, per instructions on box, and mix in 2 peeled and diced Halo Mandarin Oranges.
- Bake in oven according to cake directions.
- Remove from oven once done and let cool.
- Mix Cool Whip and pineapple together in a bowl.
- Cut cooled cake in half and add pineapple mixture to top. Add other half of cake to the top.
- Spread remaining pineapple mixture to top of cake.
- Chill and serve.