If you were to ask me what I liked to do as a child, I would tell you that reading was my favorite pastime. I had a hall closet that held bookshelves full of books. Now, I enjoy seeing my daughters doing the same. I cannot keep new books on the Kindle because they go through them so quickly. Plus, they are helping their younger sister learn to read.
Learn to Read
Technology is apparent in our home and is used often for work, leisure and learning. We were recently introduced to Ooka Island, a fun learn to read adventure for children between the ages of 3 and 7. Their main goal is to “teach children to read fluently and well through reading instruction that is fun and compelling.” The program is used by thousands of families and schools in over 30 different countries around the world. Ooka Island is used to help kids master reading fundamentals.
Ooka Island is an adaptive reading program based on forty years of reading research and teaching experience. In fact, it is the only one of its type. Download the application onto your PC or Mac, and then you are able to play it anywhere, anytime with your username and password. A single download is all it takes to get started. Once your child logs in, Ooka Island has everything they need to set sail on their learning adventure.
Included in the Ooka Island subscription, your child will have access to:
- 80 hours of research-based curriculum for preschool to 2nd grade
- Over 500 sequenced lessons with 7,000 discrete learning objectives
- Guided progression through 24 levels in a variety of 3D, virtual world environments
- Built-in e-Reader designed specifically to teach reading with highlighting and narration
- 85 original Ooka Island e-Books, leveled and sequenced from preschool to 2nd grade
- Fun and engaging learning flow cycle that motivates and supports each child’s journey
- Comprehensive online progress reporting for parents and educators
- Access to the Ooka Bookstore featuring all 85 e-Books and guides in print
- Free motivational tools, workbooks and a musical soundtrack app in iTunes
- Curriculum alignment with Common Core State Standards for K-1
Plus, Ooka Island used an integrated, science-based approach to the five pillars of reading:
- Phonemic Awareness
- Phonological Development
- Reading Comprehension
Ooka Island’s mission is to give all children the opportunity to develop a solid foundation in reading from an early age.
Which feature in Ooka Island is your child most looking forward to using?
Purchase your Ooka Island subscription now and get 30% off! The offer is valid on all subscriptions, but does not include school licenses. The exclusive offer is only available by clicking image above or through this link: Ooka Island Exclusive Offer