Disclosure: I received the Zoom ATS from Joovy for the sole purpose of this review. Regardless, all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
Do you like to walk or jog with your child? Colby and I are training for The 3 Day walk here in Dallas this November and walk often. We needed a good stroller so that we could bring our toddler along. The problem we were having was that with her thyroid disease, she weighs 63 pounds and most strollers do not hold that much weight. We found one though! The Joovy Zoom ATS.
Choosing a Jogging Stroller
As I began to research, there were several factors that I found you should look at when choosing a jogging stroller. In addition to the weight limits, there were safety measures and other features important in the decision-making process.
- Maximum Weight – As I mentioned, weight is a big factor is choosing a jogging stroller because you want to ensure that your child fits safely inside. The Joovy Zoom ATS holds up to 75 pounds so I am confident we will be able to use it for a while. Plus, I also noted that the seat to canopy height is 20″. Considering our toddler is also very tall for her age, we wanted her to have a comfortable ride and the Zoom ATS offered one of the longest seatback measurements we could find.
- Safety – Always important, check for safety features on the stroller. The Joovy Zoom ATS has a 5-point harness system, with reflective stitching, to keep your child in place. The wheelbase is 25″ wide when unfolded and sits on 16″ wheels on alloy rims. Not to mention, it is made from 6061 aircraft grade aluminum and 600D fabric to provide a secure, durable ride. The wheel lock, hand brake, and added tether strap for your wrist while pushing are additional, equivocally important, safety features.
- Wheel Type – The Joovy Zoom is available in both a swivel and fixed front wheel. The ATS has a fixed wheel for the avid runner, whereas the Joovy 360 offers a swivel wheel for changing based on terrain or speed. The rear shocks help to provide a bit of extra cushion on the bumpier terrains.
- Weatherproof – I was quite excited to find a rain/wind cover in our Joovy Zoom box. It will make our training much easier once the cooler weather moves in and brings a soft breeze off the lake where we walk. Plus, the large, over-sized canopy protects her from the sun while allowing us to see her through the window visor on top.
- Accessories – When out for a walk or run, water is a necessity. The included neoprene parent organizer can hold 2 cups (or water bottles) and also has a zippered pouch for holding cell phones, keys, or other items. You can also find plenty of storage in the under the seat storage basket and mesh pockets found along the side of the seat perfect for toys and snacks.
What other features do you look for when choosing a jogging stroller?
Joovy is a family-owned business that puts a lot of love into their products from development to production and shipping. They offer a variety of products from highchairs, walkers, double strollers, boosters, potty chairs, and more. If you would like to find out more, simply like Joovy on Facebook or follow along on Twitter. You can also find product demos and more on Joovy’s YouTube channel.