Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
We talk a lot about girls and self-image as a society. I personally talk a lot about it because I have 4 daughters, and, well, I’m a female myself. But, I feel like our guys are often left out of the conversation.
Inspire Confidence in Sons
AXE, in partnership with Target, wants to help inspire confidence in our school-aged sons. They believe we need to continue to encourage our young men to express their personal styles.
After all, when young men feel good about their grooming and personal care routines, they feel better about themselves.
Plus, right now at Target, when your son picks up his favorite AXE scents, a portion of the purchase goes to a great cause—Ditch the Label!
Ditch the Label is an anti-bullying campaign that helps build confidence in young men. Therefore, while you empower your son—and save $1 with a coupon at Target—you are also empowering other young men.
Additionally, there are other ways you can encourage confidence in boys:
- Give them freedom of choice. Allowing our children to make their own age-appropriate choices teaches responsibility and consequences. For example, let them choose how they want to dress or fix their hair with AXE products. Encouraging their independence and uniqueness strengthens their self-esteem.
- Listen to their desires and interests. Picking a sport or finding the perfect hobby can be a game of trial and error. Encourage them to see each activity through to completion, while also allowing them to take the necessary risks to achieve those tasks. Perseverance encourages confidence.
- Love them unconditionally. Children should always know their love from you is never tied to a an accomplishment. Let them know, through their ups and downs, through good and bad decisions, that you still love them. Love of a parent is empowering.
Whether they are heading back-to-school, out with friends, or to the court to shoot hoops, do your part to encourage and build their confidence.
In the end, it’s all about helping our young men grown into mature, responsible, kind adults. It all starts at home-and good hair can just be the beginning!
How do you inspire confidence in your son?
Look for the following AXE hair care products at Target:
- AXE Natural Look Understated Cream: Create more natural, relaxed styles with this styling cream. It’s light holds adds a subtle, natural-looking shine to hair.
- AXE Natural Look Softening Cream: Go casual with effortless natural looks that stay put all day with this hair cream.
- AXE Messy Look Matte Wax: Need epic hold and texture—without the shine or hard crunchy feel? This Matte Wax is light, but still gives hold.
- AXE 3-in-1 Total Fresh: Shampoo + conditioner + body wash. Clean superior style from head to toe.
Don’t forget: you can save $1.00 on any ONE (1) AXE Hair product at Target through 9/8
Legal Disclaimer: The AXEpress Yourself Ditch the Label Donation Program begins 5/21/18 and ends 8/26/18. For each purchase of an AXE Styling product at participating retailers, AXE will donate $0.50 to Ditch the Label, with a guaranteed min donation of $50k and a max donation of $125k. Void where prohibited. Complete donation terms available at www.axe.com/axepressyourself . Offered by Conopco, Inc. d/b/a/ AXE. Information concerning Ditch the Label, including financial, licensing or charitable purpose may be obtained, without cost, by visiting https://us.ditchthelabel.org/