This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant – designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
Remember the Bridal Beauty Survival kit post? I listed a few practical items to keep on hand in case of a wedding emergency. But what about after the “I do’s” have been said, the cake was cut, last dance played out, and bubbles blown as you ran to your car.
You’re now ready for your honeymoon and must make sure to continue to look great as you enjoy the first days of marital bliss.
Whether cruising away to a tropical island, jetting to a city of lights, or driving to a nearby undisclosed location… you still want to look and feel your best.
Here are a few honeymoon beauty tips to keep you glowing and glamorous.
Honeymoon Beauty Tips
As you begin a new life together things may become different as you share everything that was once just for you. That may include things like a bathroom, morning breath, and wake-up hair.
Whatever the case may be, perhaps these tips and ideas can help start things off right.
- Lip Gloss – Ok, it is your honeymoon. Of course there should be a bit of smooching going on. Therefore, you need to keep your lips moist yet do not want to smother your man’s lips in a bright color. Forego the lip stick for a low-tint lip gloss that will also keep your lips moisturized.
- Moisturizer – Speaking of keeping your skin moisturized; make sure to use a non-water based moisturizer to keep your skin soft and radiant throughout the honeymoon… and after. Try to find one with an SPF 15 or over to protect your skin and keep it fresh as you enjoy your time away.
- Hair – Be sure to consider the climate of your honeymoon location when packing your shampoo and conditioner. You may even want to throw a dry shampoo into your bag for freshening up between activities. The dry shampoo absorbs the oils and perspiration from the day and can give your hair a rejuvenated look after use.
- Make-Up – Try sporting minimal make-up as you spend more time with your new spouse rather than your mirror. Add a bit more color to your evening palette, but focus more on the time together. Pack the basics and go back to a full face when you get home. And, of course, make sure to bring along with water-proof mascara.
- Hygiene – Whether this is your first time to sleep in the same bed, wake up next to each other, or spend 24 hours at a time together… there is always a need for good hygiene! Don’t forget the razor to keep everything looking sleek and smooth. Of course, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, and floss should be a no-brainer. Deodorant is essential to keep you smelling shower-fresh. Maybe even a light fragrance or body spray to keep you smelling sweet and sensual.
There you have it! A simple, practical list of ways to look and feel your best while on your romantic, honeymoon getaway.
There will be so much more to focus on than how you look and these tips can help minimize the stress. Plan ahead, pack accordingly, and just enjoy the moments and memories made.
Do you have more tips to add?
I would love to read more as you share your own honeymoon beauty tips.