If you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that I am not a chef by any means. In fact, Colby typically does the cooking. I can follow a recipe no problem… but, unfortunately, recipe creation is not my forte. I do enjoy eating though! That part I can do.
Apple Pie Recipe
I also enjoy the easy peasy recipes. The ones that may not necessarily be from scratch, but are still good nonetheless. For instance, my mom taught me how to make this super easy, not really homemade Apple Pie. I mean, I throw it all together and bake it… but some may not appreciate the use of store-bought pie crusts and canned apple pie filling. Well, sometimes you just go with it. And it works. This apple pie is still delicious!
Plus, it takes no time at all to make this easy apple pie recipe and share.
How to make apple pie
- 1 can (21 oz) Apple Pie filling
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven according to directions for pie crusts.
- Pour the canned apple pie filling into one of the pie crusts. (optional: add another can for deeper crusts or for more apples)
- Cut second pie crust into strips to use for lattice (or decorate as you desire)
- Weave crust strips over apple slices and onto pie crust.
- Using a fork, press down around the edge of the pie crusts to hold the lattice in place. This easily molds the two crusts together and creates a nice design around the edge of the pie. Simply pull of the excess and put aside.
- Melt butter and add cinnamon to taste (optional: sugar). Using a pastry brush, gently cover weaved crust with cinnamon butter mixture. Pour remaining mixture into pie, if desired.
- Cook according to directions on pie crust packaging. Remove and serve. Enjoy!
There you have it. Easy as pie! Well, you know what I mean!
What is your easy “not really homemade” recipe?
Even though we may take short cuts in the kitchen every once in a while, it doesn’t mean we can’t rock an easy (almost) homemade apple pie.