Let’s admit it, there is a time for work and a time for play on our smartphones, right? At least, for me that’s how it is. But, I am not exactly the type for games but I did find some lifestyle smartphone apps that were amusing… as well as useful in the scheme of things.
Lifestyle Smartphone Apps
Whether you want to be organized upon waking, need help finding an outfit for the day… or just need to decide when the best time to go to the bathroom during a movie, there is probably an app for that. Quite literally. Let’s take a look at 5 just for fun lifestyle smartphone apps and see what I mean:
- Wakebright – WakeBright is your personal assistant providing spoken narration of daily events, weather, and reminders. Get a summary of your schedule when you wake up and don’t miss your first class or an important meeting. Plus, it automatically adjusts based on your time zone. Not to mention, you can create custom alarms that play your favorites iTunes music or your Pandora channel selections. Ummm… it’s like a personal assistant on your phone! (Apple only)
- Stylebook – Basically, you upload photos of your own clothes through the camera, your photo library or paste from the web. You can then organize your clothes by category and then collage them to create different outfits. Want to make sure you don’t repeat an outfit too soon? With Stylebook’s calendar feature, you can keep track of when you wore an outfit last and plan for future events as well. And this is really only the beginning of what you can do with this amazing app. (Apple only)
- Couple – Ever really miss your significant other when your apart? Do you wish you could just “thumb kiss?” You know, where you press your thumb at the exact same spot your SO is pressing theirs. A thumb kiss! With Couple, you can do just that. (At least it’s safe, right?!) You can both also share images to a private album. Plus, you can even schedule important tasks or dates, find nearby restaurants and create to-do lists together. This will keep everyone in the relationship happy for sure! (Apple, Android, and Web based)
- RunPee – If you have kids, this is a great app! I mean, how many times have you missed an important part of a movie for a bathroom break? RunPee lists movies currently showing and then gives you carefully selected Peetimes for each one. Moments that are not crucial plot twists, laugh out loud situations, or exciting action scenes you don’t want to miss. Additionally, the app will tell you whether or not you should stick around after the credits for extra scenes or fun disclaimers in the credits. (Apple, Android, Windows)
- Home Design 3D – My 11 year old daughter just used this app this week. She is trying to come up with new design ideas for certain rooms in our house and found the Home Design 3D app made it easier. In 2D, you can draw rooms, create openings, and add single and small walls. Change the height or the thickness of the walls, the shape of the room itself, and its orientation to easily create the look you need. A drag/drop feature allows you to add objects to change the look and get an idea of how the finished project will all come together. (Apple, Android, Windows PC)
So much fun, right? No matter what your need may be, I bet “there’s an app for that!”
What is your favorite lifestyle smartphone app?
Thanks to Verizon Wireless I can enjoy these apps and many more on my smartphone.