Disclosure: As a Little Passports Ambassador, my kids receive monthly kits from “Around the World” to enjoy. The post may also contain affiliate links. Regardless, all opinions are 100% my own.
If you follow the adventures of Sam and Sofia of Little Passports, you know that they are best friends. August 4th was National friendship Day and gave the girls one more reason to celebrate each other. I enjoy knowing that they are best friends and can only hope they stay that way. I know that my teenagers are still extremely close, so I guess we will see.
I have heard of Friendship Bread but have never made it. So, when we were introduced to it through Little Passports, the girls were anxious to make it. Of course, with any good Friendship Bread, the key is patience. Waiting 10 days to prepare the dough before you can bake it is a lesson in itself. Luckily the girls and I were up for the challenge.
Thanks again to Little Passports for passing on the Friendship Bread Recipe:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups white sugar, divided
- 3 cups milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 10 minutes. In a 2 quart container glass, plastic or ceramic container, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Slowly stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle. Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- On days 2 through 4, stir starter with a spoon. Day 5, stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Days 6 throughout 9, stir only.
- Finally, on day 10, stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, and give 2 cups to friends along with this recipe. Store the remaining 1-cup starter in a container in the refrigerator, or begin the 10-day process over again (beginning with step 2).
You then pass along the starter dough to friends and everyone gets to enjoy the delicious treat!
What is your favorite recipe to share with friends?
Little Passports offers two subscription services… the World and US Editions. with both editions, the child will receive a package each month with various items from Sofia and Sam’s journeys. Plus, they will also send along a new boarding pass to access more games and activities within The Boarding Zone. Each plan is based on a 3, 6, or 12 month service… or you can subscribe monthly. The kits vary based on the service you choose.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.