Feeding the kids meals that I think are good for them isn’t always easy. It seems we raised a handful of picky eaters. So, Colby and I look for ways to recreate the foods they will eat. Macaroni is one of those foods. The kids love pasta of any sort, plus it goes a long way in our big family.
Fresh Macaroni Salad
Yet, I do not want to eat plain ol’ macaroni and cheese everyday. I just can’t. Therefore we try new recipes and give everyone options. Recently we discovered that the kids actually enjoy a Fresh Macaroni Salad. Score! We can all eat a meal without complaints. It a family of our size this is a big deal I tell ya! Not to mention, it’s so easy to make!
- Place the macaroni noodles on the stove with water and cook until al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the chopped celery, onion, relish, mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and egg. Stir several times until the sugar dissolves into the mixture.
- Remove the noodles from the stove and rinse with cold water until the pasta is cooled. Add the noodles into the bowl of salad dressing, Stir and coat the noodles well with the dressing.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours before serving so that the pasta can soak up the flavors. Serve cold.
See what I mean? So easy and ready in no time. Perfect for potluck dinners and family get-togethers as well. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 small Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- ¾ cup Mayo or Miracle Whip
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 Hard Boiled Eggs, diced into small pieces
Disclosure: Our Family Lifestyle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.