If you follow me on social media, you probably know by now that we are in the process of building a home. Before we move though, we are also trying to purge as much as possible, sell what we can, and then find new items for the house. We are going for a whole new look and, therefore, it’s time for “out with the old and in with the new.”
Again, if you’ve seen my Instagram feed, you would know that I am a huge fan of Joanna Gaines and her incredible farmhouse style featured on Fixer Upper. In fact, last week drove to Waco to visit The Silos at Magnolia Market and experience the greatness of simply being there. Y’all, I tried to explain the feeling but simply could not put it into words. This is how I attempted to describe it:
Once we arrived, the overwhelming feeling of “we have arrived” even took over the kids. As fans from the beginning, it was surreal. ? These Silos represent so much more to those who love @JoannaGaines and @ChipperGaines. As a couple, Chip & JoJo emit an incredible love for people and an inspiration to a community of followers. When you stand at The Silos, you inhale all of that. It’s a feeling I can’t really put into words. It’s as though I felt all that was good with the world. Maybe I just needed to feel that today… and it was good. ?
See what I mean? Truly indescribable. But, we were able to find some great pieces for our new house and I’m sure we’ll make another trip down there once the house is finished. We even purchased a few of the Magnolia chairs with our new dining set recently. I mean, we are “all in” when it comes to the farmhouse decor. I really wanted to buy a farm, but this house was as much as I could talk Colby into… for now! So, the least I can do is deck it out from wall-to-wall with the cutest farmhouse decor. (At least then I won’t have to purge and start over again when we move to the farmhouse, right?!)
Of course, the easiest place, for me, to really begin to see the farmhouse-inspired look to fruition is in the kitchen. With a few simple basics, I am able to completely transform the kitchen from the Parisian cafe it used to represent into a peaceful, quaint modern farmhouse. I can’t wait to see it all come together with the design elements we picked! But, until then, I will continue to gather the pieces that will create the perfect look once we’re all moved in!
I am going to begin with some farmhouse kitchen counter decor under $50:
- Enamel Utility Bowl Set — You can never have enough prep bowls handy in the kitchen and I love the seafoam color!
- Gather Serving Platter — Crafted from glazed white ceramic, it features a vintage-style, typewritten description of its contents and a rustic, farmhouse-style bow. We bought this for our daughter’s wedding originally and use it often!
- Round Metal Buckets — Add a touch of timeworn character to any living space with silvery metal buckets featuring round wooden handles and a vintage-look logo stamp.
- Farmhouse White Medium Baskets — I mean, you need somewhere to collect your farm-fresh eggs!
- Pewter Stoneware Ramekin — A slightly oversized ceramic ramekin is glazed in a metallic finish for a sophisticated aesthetic that’s perfect for modern and farmhouse-style kitchens alike: modern farmhouse.
- Country Kitchen Crock — Patterned after 19th century Americana pottery, it’s actually sculpted from creamy white dolomite and highlighted by traditional cobalt lettering.
- Galvanized Weave Fruit Bowl — Crafted of galvanized metal, with mango wood handles and a distressed finish, it adds farmhouse flair to your countertop.
- Farmhouse White Batter Bowl — Ribbed with the look of hand-thrown pottery, the stoneware brings a down-home feel to hearty, home-cooked meals.
- Metro Farmhouse Kitchen Towels — Show your passion for coffee in the farmhouse kitchen with a fun towel set!
- Rustic Bread Bin — Inspired by chic farmhouse style, yet large enough to store bread loaves, rolls and breakfast treats its chrome handled lid is easily removable whilst keeping stored items fresher for longer.
There you go! And this is really just getting started, but it shows as simple it can be. Grab a few key pieces to transform the look and feel of your kitchen. Use elements, such as the seafoam green bowl set, to add pops of color. We even found a beautifully colored KitchenAid Mixer at Best Buy to add more pizzazz to the counters. This is the best way to let your personality shine through — so have fun with it!