This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento. All opinions are 100% mine.
How do the holidays work around your house? Here, all of the kids like to sleep over at my parents’ house. They do this so that they can stay up late helping bake pies, and then get up early to help my mom finish cooking. It’s become a tradition and it’s pretty awesome.
But, all that cooking makes everyone hungry. Breakfast is often enjoyed while standing around the kitchen island.
Therefore, an Egg, Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Wreath made with Sargento Shredded Cheese is ideal for feeding everyone. It’s easy to throw together, has plenty of protein, and you can literally grab and eat with a small plate.
And considering Sargento Cheese is available in 30 different varieties, you can really make the recipe your own.
Change up the blend of cheese, add a different breakfast meat, or throw in new vegetables and you have a breakfast wreath made to order.
- Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 sausage patties, ground
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped chives
- black pepper, optional
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Ground sausage patties and cook over medium heat until done. Drain grease. Add eggs, milk, red bell pepper, chives, and black pepper. Whisk until well blended and cook over medium-high heat. Avoid stirring constantly and cook until eggs are thick but still moist. Remove from heat.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. On parchment paper cookie sheet, arrange dough into a sunburst shape. The shortest ends of the crescent roll should be overlapping to form a circle, while the longer ends will be outstretched to form the bursts.
- Spoon half of egg and sausage mixture onto the circle of dough. Add a layer of Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and then add rest of mixture. Top with another layer of cheese.
- Fold points of triangles over the layers and tuck under to meet circle of dough. Gently press dough pieces together to form a wreath.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until crescent rolls are golden brown. Cool and serve.
You will find that the fine cut of the Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese melts evenly and quickly. It is perfect for blending with the ingredients and gives the breakfast ring a bold, sharp flavor.