Colby and I are headed on a road trip this next week. In fact, a 9 hour road trip. With the younger kids.
Love on the Road
Therefore, when I read this new survey from Ford and YourTango on how couple time in the car equals love on the road I was intrigued.
This 2013 Love on the Road survey from YourTango.com and the Ford Motor Company reveals the impact that road trips can have on actually strengthening couples’ relationships.
I have to admit, this was an interesting read and I was able to relate much of it back to Colby and I.
Togetherness in the car is conducive to some of the most meaningful conversations, sharing affection, enjoying quality time, and having fun and adventure.
Let’s take a look at some of the results of the Love on the Road survey:
- Virtually 90% of the surveyed couples who have taken a road trip together say it strengthens their relationship. And being in the right kind of car is key to forging that bond. (road trips are our favorite way of vacationing)
- For almost half of those asked, the car of choice for this important journey is a sedan, and with its stylish, all-new Fusion, Ford offers the perfect car for a romantic getaway. (apparently we need to get our hands on one of these then)
- More than 77% of couples look forward to taking more trips with their significant other. (I KNOW this is true with Colby and I)
- 44% say the best reason to take a road trip together is not to get where they are going, but the fun and adventure of the trip itself. (again, so true!)
- More than 40% say the quality time afforded them is the best reason for a road trip. (my love language is quality time so there is nothing better to me)
- As the summer driving season gets into full swing, more than 90% of couples indicate they will be taking a road trip together. (we have 2 already scheduled)
- Over 65% of the discussions on the road are serious, meaningful talks. (for us it depends on the topic and if the kids are listening)
- 74% of those surveyed say romance plays a big part and they hold hands and smooch at red lights. (we often hold hands… and smooch occasionally)
Top 3 activities couples spend time on the road doing:
- Almost 80% of respondents report they talk and catch up on each other’s lives.
- 70% enjoy blasting their favorite music.
- Nearly 55% take in the sights and have some quiet time.
Top Features and Attributes in a car for a road trip:
- More than 33% rank fuel efficiency as their top priority.
- Over 28% say a good sound system is a must.
- More than 22% believe the vehicle’s navigation capability is most important. (Ummm… the Ford Fusion has them covered)
For couples on the road, the new Ford Fusion represents more than a car – it could be an aphrodisiac.
Ford has designed the Fusion to meet the needs of couples who enjoy getaways. The interior is both inviting and comfortable.
The Ford Fusion also has a an entertainment and navigation system available with Ford’s standard, industry-leading SYNC® technology.
Plus, since fuel efficiency is a top priority, the Fusion is among the best in fuel economy for midsize sedans in America.
Fusion’s available Auto Start-Stop technology, which originated on hybrid vehicles and aids in the car’s leading fuel economy, has the added benefit of monitoring climate control settings and cabin temperature to ensure a cool, comfortable environment.
What is your top priority in vehicle choice when taking a road trip?
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.