How will you kick off your summer? Any plans for Memorial Day weekend? Walt Disney World has the “coolest” way to help you kick off the summer with Olaf as your host!
Walt Disney World Resort
Memorial Day weekend is traditionally known as the start of family vacation season. Walt Disney World Resort is kicking off the season with a 24 hour event that begins at 6 am, Friday May 22 to 6am, Saturday, May 23. Disney guests can even come in costume to show off their Disney Side. Of course, there will be a selection of everyone’s favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever.”
Walt Disney World guests can continue to “get their cool on” all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks. Some of the highlights this summer include:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
And don’t worry, if you’re on the West Coast, Disneyland will kick off their 24-hour event the same weekend. They will launch the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration marking the 60th anniversary of the resort. The Diamond Celebration will include the premiere of three new nighttime spectaculars: “Disneyland Forever” fireworks, “Paint the Night” parade and “World of Color – Celebrate!”