Wipe Out Kid’s Cancer Oktoberfest 5K – Addison, TX
Join the fight against childhood cancer by participating in the 26th annual Tom Thumb WOKC Run for the Children on Saturday, September 17, 2011. This event is part of the annual Addison Oktoberfest celebration and is a family-friendly event perfect for both runners and walkers. Participants can choose from a 1-mile Fun Run or a 5K course through the town of Addison that is chronotrack certified.
Take advantage of early registration pricing through midnight, Saturday, September 10!
Male and female 5K winners will be awarded a cash prize* in the following amounts:
- 1st place overall winners $250
- 2nd place overall winners $100
- 3rd place overall winners $75
- Overall masters’ division winners (40+) $75
*Awards will also be presented to the top three finishers in the following age groups:
14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
*You must be present to win
- 2011 Tom Thumb WOKC Run for the Children T-Shirt
- Free admission to Addison Oktoberfest on race day
- Finish Line Celebration with awards, free food, drinks, German Beer & entertainment
- First 500 kids to cross the Fun Run finish line receive a goody bag that includes free entry on Talley carnival rides on race day
Wipe Out Kid’s Cancer
All proceeds benefit Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer (WOKC), a Dallas-based non-profit organization founded in 1980 dedicated to eradicating pediatric cancer by funding innovative research, education and treatment, while providing hope to children and families battling cancer.
Participants who want to join the fight against pediatric cancer can raise additional money to help the cause through fundraising as an individual or by forming a team. Prizes are awarded to the individual or group that raises the most money. Many of the teams formed each year are to honor a local pediatric cancer patient or in memory of a child that has lost the battle to this terrible disease.
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.