There’s a lot to mention today…
Avery’s medical team met today and made a few audibles in her therapy going forward, so here are the bullet points:
- they’ve decided to stop chemo
- she was given her 3 chemo meds during her LP this morning, plus her regular morning meds, and then this afternoon’s last dose of vincristine (they stopped steroids yesterday after weaning her off all week)
- they’ll do her bone marrow biopsy next Thursday (5/20)
- her T-Cells are coming in early, now expected on Friday (5/21)
- based on her BM results, they hope to start her 4-5 days of CAR-T chemo on Monday (5/24)
- CAR-T cell infusion on Friday (5/28) or Saturday (5/29)
- monitoring for a couple of days before going “home” the first week of June (home will be the Ronald McDonald House because she can’t be too far from the hospital)
We’re hopeful that the reason they’re stopping chemo is because she’s in remission.
Also continuing to stay hopeful that her bone marrow results come back good as well.
Continue to pray that CAR-T works for her!
Follow Avery’s journey with Leukemia here
How can you help from home?
First, prayer. We need to continue to storm the gates of heaven for Avery.
Their biggest tangible needs are food and money. Even with insurance, the costs are undoubtedly going to continue to add up.
For starters, we set up a GoFundMe with a tentative amount that will most likely go up as we continue: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-baby-avery-beat-leukemia
To help them stay fed while at the hospital, we’ve found DoorDash gift cards are best: https://doordash.launchgiftcards.com/
Email for digital gift cards here: [email protected]
Want to send cash straight to Chey through Cashapp? $CheyenneShipwash
Or you can send it straight to Nic through Venmo: @NKiernan
Want to send tangible gifts? We’ve set up an Amazon Wish List.
Purchase a shirt here: Happily Ever Avery products
Facebook page for updates: Happily Ever Avery
Instagram handle: @ourhappilyeveravery
Looking for more clarity in your life?
Sign up to receive practical tips to start journaling to bring more clarity into your life.