Disclosure: I received a Burger Kit from Tillamook for the sole purpose of this post. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
Do like to grill? May is National Burger Month and Tillamook is celebrating with an All-Natural Burger Grillabration here in Texas. Colby, my husband, took on the challenge and decided to throw together a new burger for us all to try.
BBQ Infused Bacon Burger Recipe
Who does not love bacon on their burger? This is one of the best ways to get our 7 year old to eat a burger. She loves bacon and will eat the burger for that reason alone sometimes.
So, Colby began to through around some ideas and decided to make a BBQ Infused Bacon Burger recipe.
The BBQ sauce would give it just the right amount of juicy seasoning, and the bacon would add a crunchy layer of goodness.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 ½ tsp minced onions
- Tillamook Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Kaiser rolls
- Cook bacon and dice 4 slices into small pieces and set aside. Other 4 slices used for garnishing top of burger.
- Combine mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in a small bowl. Add bacon bits and minced onions to mayonnaise/BBQ mixture. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape ground beef mixture into hamburger patties
- Grill burgers until juices run clear… or desired doneness.
- Top with Tillamook cheddar cheese and cover until cheese in melted.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and bacon as you like.
- Spread preferred condiment over kaiser roll and serve with your favorite side.
Tillamook Medium Cheddar is both rich and creamy. Each batch is aged naturally for at least 60 days and made from the same recipe for over a hundred years.
Not to mention, it is hormone free and pre-sliced. It really is no wonder that it won World’s Best Medium Cheddar.