Sometimes, the trick to getting kids to eat a dish is in the presentation.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view. [Learn more]
For instance, Colby and I love to eat our classic Baked Penne Casserole, but sometimes our children want something a little different.
Baked Rigatoni Pasta Pie
Therefore, if we present it in a new way, they feel like it’s a whole new meal… and dig right in!
That is where the Baked Rigatoni Pasta Pie comes into play. Same concept, different appearance.
Classico® Red Sauces gives us the variety and flavors we need to easily spruce up and change any of our family recipes.
For the Baked Rigatoni Pasta Pie, the Family Favorites Meat Sauce seems to be a favorite. Not to mention, with a 24 oz jar, we can often make two meals out of one jar.
Planning ahead is even more essential to keeping our home life running smoothly.
In between cooking the meals, reCAP® Regular Mouth Caps are perfectly fitted to the 24 oz Classico® Red Sauce Mason jars! That means your sauce can stay fresh for your next recipe!
Oh, not to mention, you can use the Mason jar coupled with reCAP® for a variety of reUSE and rePURPOSE ideas.
reCAP Mason Jars has an easy instructional video to help you reFRESH your red sauce jars in order to use them for other upcycled ideas around the home.
It seems a little oil and baking soda can create an ideal label remover so that you can keep using your Classico® Red Sauce Mason jars in new ways.
A few ideas include on-the-go drinks, homemade plant sprayers, on-the-go meal containers, and even trendy centerpieces. The possibilities are really endless based on your needs.
Sharing with others is perhaps my favorite way to rePURPOSE the mason jars. There are so many tasty meals that can easily be shared in a jar, so pick a recipe and make gifts for your friends and neighbors!
Here is a simple soup recipe to get you started:
Add 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper, 2 crushed beef bouillon cubes, ¼ cup of minced onions, and 2 tablespoons of dried basil to the bottom of the clean jar.
Layer 3 cups of colored spiral pasta on top of the spices and cover with the reCAP® Regular Mouth Cap.
Design a fun instruction label to accompany your jar, add a spoon or other little gift to the jar, and deliver it to your friends.
Now, back to our dinner. The Baked Rigatoni Pasta Pie is fun and tasty for the whole family!
Get the full recipe below and share it with your family tonight so you can use the empty Classico® Red Sauce Mason jar for gifts tomorrow!
- 1 box (16 oz) rigatoni pasta
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico® Family Favorites Meat Sauce
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. hamburger meat
- 2 cup Italian Blend shredded cheese
- Bring pot of water to boil for the rigatoni pasta. Add pasta to boiling water.
- Brown hamburger meat until no longer pink. Add Classico® Family Favorites Meat Sauce and stir until evenly combined.
- Rinse pasta when cooked to taste and return to pan. Add 1 tbsp. butter to soften pasta. Mix thoroughly.
- Stand each rigatoni noodle on its end in a springform pan.
- Add meat mixture over pasta, topped with a generous layer of cheese. Try to push some cheese and sauce down into the noodles.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 15 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted.
- Serve and enjoy with your family!