Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Kleenex. Regardless, all opinions are 100% my own.
Are you ready to head back to school? Preparations are being made as we are gearing up to head back to school. My kids this year will fall into the preschool, elementary, high school and college categories.
Back to School Essentials
Yes, we have children all over the spectrum except middle school. And it is time to start thinking about Back to School essentials for each of them.
What do you make sure to get when you head out to shop? What are your Back to School must-haves? With us, the lists may have changed a bit from year to year, but the basics still remain the same.
Look at what I mean:
- Backpacks – The kids must have a way to carry their books, projects, assignments around… as well as to and from home and school. Therefore, whether colored, covered in character images, or whatever they desire, a backpack is an essential that has surpassed the years.
- Lunch boxes – Yes, you can always “brown bag” your lunch… but today’s environmentally-friendly times call for something a bit easier. Bento Boxes are the perfect product for organizing and storing your lunch. Once it is time to eat, simply pull out your lunch, eat and reuse the lunch box again and again.
- USB Drives – Gone are the days of our youth where we had to actually hand write or type up a paper before turning it in. Now, the student types up a paper (or assignment) and sends it to the teacher via email or hands it in on an USB drive. Easy and done!
- Kleenex – Available in a variety of portable and convenient package sizes for use on-the-go, the Kleenex brand promotes healthy kids with its new Kleenex Everyday Tissue with Sneeze Shield. I want to know that I did my part in keeping the school germs under control as well as support the school at the same time.
- Clothes and shoes – Whether keeping up with the trends or simply staying clothed… kids need clothes and shoes. I have always found a couple great pairs of jeans, nice comfortable shorts, and my canvas tennis shoes help me get through the year. But let your kids have a little liberty here in discovering their own style.
Box Tops for Education
As a champion of both healthy schools and healthy kids, Kleenex is the only facial tissue brand that participates in the Box Tops for Education program.
So far, the Kleenex brand has donated $13 million to Box Tops for Education.
Box Tops for Education is an easy way to help your child’s school earn funds through the products you already purchase by clipping Box Tops coupons on the product packaging, including many of the products on your child’s back to school list. Kleenex is the only facial tissue brand that participates in Box Tops for Education – and is a must-have on your child’s back to school list.
Each Box Tops coupon, which can be found on more than 240 participating products, is worth 10 cents for your school. these essentially makes Box Tops an easy way for your school to earn money for the things they need. Plus, participation in the program is super easy to join.
Simply purchase any product with a Box Tops coupon. Afterwards, collect the coupons on participating items and return them to your child’s school.
Since the program began in 1996, Box Tops for Education has earned $558 million for American schools through all Box Tops for Education programs. In 2012-2013 school year alone, Box Tops earned $80 million. To date, the Kleenex brand has donated $13& million to Box Tops for Education.
Do you take part in the Box Tops for Education program?
What is on your back to school essential list?